New to this site

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hello folks,

I am primarily a Pontiac guy but I like any and all early to mid 60s muscle car. I have been logging onto this site for a number of years just reading, but now that I may purchase a '61 or '62 Biscayne to do a 409 on today I registered. You have a very good site and I hope I can plumb your knowledge pool as I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Chevys; other than knowing that I can buy some crossover items cheaper from a Chevy vendor than I can from one of the Pontiac restoration suppliers.

John Reeder
Sour Lake, Texas
member POCI, GTOAA, AACA (which just means I pay my dues every year)

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site John:clap:clap Lots of info hear on the "W" engines. Enjoy the ride. Lots of pictures of your project please.

:crazy:cheers

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome John!! 61 Biscayne!! Cool!! :clap I've been looking for one for years. :pray Good luck with the project and post lots of pictures for us.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
John ,welcome THIS Is The Place For The Wealth Of Knowledge For Those Great "x" Bodied Cars,and The Only Number One Place For Those 348 And 409 Engines.YOU Will Learn A Lot From This Sight. Welcome Aboard , John

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome John!!!!!!!!!!

Another member from the GREAT state of Texas!!! We'll have to meet up someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll:roll

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
stay away

Welcome John!!!!!!!!!!

Another member from the GREAT state of Texas!!! We'll have to meet up someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll:roll

Great to have another Texan on the site, but stay away from this guy. He is not allowed to cross thr Red River. Shoot to KILL, except when you need some parts:roll:roll:roll"Hey WIllis!!!

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks all. I will indeed post pictures of the car and the restoration process if I buy one of the two cars. It will be later this week when I look at them.

John

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Hello folks,

I am primarily a Pontiac guy but I like any and all early to mid 60s muscle car. I have been logging onto this site for a number of years just reading, but now that I may purchase a '61 or '62 Biscayne to do a 409 on today I registered. You have a very good site and I hope I can plumb your knowledge pool as I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Chevys; other than knowing that I can buy some crossover items cheaper from a Chevy vendor than I can from one of the Pontiac restoration suppliers.

John Reeder
Sour Lake, Texas
member POCI, GTOAA, AACA (which just means I pay my dues every year)

Likes all early 60's muscle cars.....that's my kinda guy!!!!

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well I will once again become an observer. The cars I was considering all required more work than I want to take on. That and after watching ebay and this site for a spell I think I will just sell one of my Pontiacs down the road and buy a done 409 clone and then tweak it to suit; I have seen in just a couple of weeks cars in the $20-30k range that could not be done for anywhere near what the asking price on them is.

Tommy I like your collection.