New to the site from MI

Randy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have made some posting on this web site, and gotten a lot of great info in return, but now I would like to give some background on my 409. I grew up in a era where biggest and fastest was best. Spent a few weekends a month at the dragways each summer . My next door buddy and his brother (whom were a couple years older than me) always had great cars. One had a split window vette,427, his brother a 64, dual quads, 4spd, 425hp , 409.....from the time I saw that W, I wanted one.
I finely bought my W in 1985.( Alot had happened in all those years between 1965 to 85) It was in a 1956 Chevy,2dr, Bel Air and in bad shape. From what I was told by the seller, which by the way was a women, who got it from her divorce judgement, that the car was built locally and built for drag racing, and that was all the info she had. I know nothing about engine work, or what has been done if any. All I know is , they put a marine dual point dist on. But I was certian it was a 409, by checking numbers and such. Turns out it was a 1963 409, 340hp. 2 spd powerglide. Needless to say...I bought it.
I have owned it now some 25 years, worked on it at times,( college for the kids came first) like converting it over to a 4spd muncie, adding power disc brakes, doing some body work, getting it painted, making it road ready, but it still is a work in progress. Seems like I have to do all those things over again (body work mostly)Now that I'm retired, work is getting done,slowly but surely. Some time soon I 'll post some pic's

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site. :clapI too am building a street driver from the '57 in my avatar. Mine is a '64 truck 348 w/4 barrel & TH/350 trans. The '68 Camaro drag 12 bolt rear is still in the car but now has 3:73s for the street. If you have any questions about the install I might be able to help.:rub If I am not able to help someone here will definitly be able to. :dunnoWe have several tri-5 chevys with "W" engines on this site.:D I might add that the members here are the most knowledgeable on the "W" engines. :hug Enjoy the ride.

Butch :crazy:cheers

Randy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks, I have found that out, very knowledgeable and for not being sure of myself and forgetting a lot of stuff, I sure am greatful that I found this site :beer

I have tried to post some pics, but too large, whats the trick?