New to forum

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I don't know why I waited so long to join, I've had W- motors for years. I have a 65 C-80 tractor that I restored for my dad 20 years ago ,he passed away in 05 and left it to me. We also have a 63 Impala, originally a 283 car, now a bench seat 409, 4 speed; I've been working on it since 96. I get inspired and work on it then let it sit for a year or two. All I have left is to finish the trunk lid and buy bumpers. I'll need to repaint it because I did it in pieces years apart and it's different shades of white. We have a 65 LCF grain truck with the original 348 and 4 speed, I bought it years ago to restore but never started on it. I'll need to sell it someday. The door stop to my garage is a 59, 250 hp, 348 piston and rod. Yes, I do love the old things; the W is the coolest looking motor Chevy ever made.
I have several other old cars, from a 55 Bel Air to 3 2nd gen Trans Ams. We live down in the Missouri Ozarks, where I work at the largest secondary lead smelter in the world. I retired from the Air Force in 95, owned my own trucks until 2008 and took a job as a quality manager in a factory that rebuilds Coke machines. I hated it every day for 5 years, I've been at the battery plant a little over a year, now.
I often run into questions about my W- motor rigs, so I'll be posting from time to time.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Mearl from a fellow Missourian!!!! We've probably walked past each other at the SPRINGFIELD swap meet for years and didn't even realize it!!!!'!

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Glad you made your way home. Hope to see some pictures of your stuff. We like pictures.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome Mearl from a fellow Missourian!!!! We've probably walked past each other at the SPRINGFIELD swap meet for years and didn't even realize it!!!!'!
Actually, we've known each other for several years; we just haven't been in touch.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil has trouble remembering the people he sees regularly. Shoot twice this week he forgot Candy.

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Mearl ! I dont know what a lcf grain truck looks like but it sounds like a kool car hauler to me!:welcome

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Mearl ! I dont know what a lcf grain truck looks like but it sounds like a kool car hauler to me!:welcome
LCF is Low Cab Forward, it's a snub nosed Chevy. It looks just like a regular 60 series but the hood is about 2 feet long. It would make a very cool car hauler but I'll never get around to it because I have too many other projects. I'll try to get some pictures of my W-rigs and figure out how to load them. The 63 has been in a garage for a year and a half, I need to get it out and finish it this year. Right now, I'm working feverishly to get the C-80 ready for the American Truck Historical Society national show in Springfield in 2 weeks. I've only known about it for 3 years, time slips away.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome Mearl. Those are some interesting trucks with Ws in them, very cool.

Where in the Ozarks are you? I hail from Columbia, MO and Phil Reed is from the KC area.

We've got a Big Gathering scheduled for September in Great Bend, KS, might be something to put on your calendar if you like 409s and 348s :).

TomK