New project in Finland

Antti

Hi, this looks like forum I had looked for. I was impressed to find zip files of shop manuals and signed in for 1st time ever on any forum. Some weeks ago I managed to get 64 sedan Impala 4 door and project is starting. I have some trouble finding / understanding codes of original assembly. VIN number I can now decode. Does TRIM number 866 on plate mean for sure what are original interior colors ? I would not like to order floor carpet in wrong color from US to Finland... Antti

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:hugWELCOME Annti,There are people here that will help you with your questions,and we like pictures.It always amazes me how these cars seem to turn up all over the world .What engine is in there?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Check on this site, there are all kinds of codes.

I sold a 62 Bel Air to a guy near Helsinki a year ago. Welcome to the site by the way.

Don

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Annti,
I'm no authority but Bob's trim decoder will tell you what you need to know. You can get to it from the main page.
1. Select "1958 to 1965 Chevrolet" from the main page.
2. Then select "Trim Decoder" from the drop down menu that will appear.
3. On the page that comes up select the year of your car.
4. Then put in your trim code and click the "submit" Button.

Here is a quick link to where you want to be to check Trim Codes: http://www.348-409.com/trim64.html
In 1964 Trim Number 866 was Cloth, Bench seat, Fawn.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Antti, you will learn more from this forum than you can imagine, I am not one, but there is some extremely knowledgeable gentlemen on this site.

welcome aboard from the other end of the world

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site. Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.

Butch:crazy:cheers

Antti

Hi and thanks for replying and hints.
This black 64 Impala has 283 V8 with roughly 85 000 miles.
I am planning to take good care of it.
Tried upload photo but all my files too large, need resize for smaller file.
Antti