New old guy from Texas

EZ Cool

Supporting Member 1
Howdy folks. I had a 1962 Impala with a 409 back in early 70's when gas was cheap, hot rods were dangerous and girls were not. I recently picked up a good running truck 409, found and rebuilt an original unmolested 348 three deuce setup and plan on putting it in my 38 Chevy Couple that I have owned and driven since 1974. The coupe has gone through a couple of transformations to keep up with current trends and now its time to go back to Gasser style like it was when I first bought it. Look forward to sharing some info and experience with this board.

Mike

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Mike. What part of Texas are you in? There are 2 guys in northeast Tx, that are building '37 Chevys with 409, so I'm sure you can get some answers when you need them.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Mike !
I am in Roanoke Tx and have been puzzling together a 37 Chevy coupe for the past few years.
Bought my 409 from Ronnie Russell.
All the guys on here are great about spreading the knowledge or just passing the bull.
Where are you located?

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Mike ! :clap Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine.:hug
Those pictures are really cool !!:cool:

:crazy:dance:cheers

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard, Mike! Your 38 coupe looks great, and the "W" will really look cool between the rails.
Are you a NSRA member ? Lot's of good tin down in Texas.

EZ Cool

Supporting Member 1
Welcome Mike !
I am in Roanoke Tx and have been puzzling together a 37 Chevy coupe for the past few years.
Bought my 409 from Ronnie Russell.
All the guys on here are great about spreading the knowledge or just passing the bull.
Where are you located?

Were in Springtown, Tx about 30 miles NW of Fort Worth. Moved here about 5 years ago from the Lubbock area.

EZ Cool

Supporting Member 1
Welcome aboard, Mike! Your 38 coupe looks great, and the "W" will really look cool between the rails.
Are you a NSRA member ? Lot's of good tin down in Texas.

Not a NSRA member. You might have noticed a NSRA safety inspection sticker on the windshield. Got that at the Slaton Car show a while back when a NSRA safety inspector asked me if I wanted it inspected.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very Nice 38 !
I lived in Azle in a past life.....is pretty out there.
Sometime when your going to be tinkering on the 38 send me a message.....would like to slip out and see her ! - Steve

EZ Cool

Supporting Member 1
Very Nice 38 !
I lived in Azle in a past life.....is pretty out there.
Sometime when your going to be tinkering on the 38 send me a message.....would like to slip out and see her ! - Steve

May be a while. I'm still trying to figure out of I really need to take apart a perfectly good Street Rod to build a Gasser. I got the 409 running real good an the test stand today. Need to find a good 4 spd to put behind it. If I get that far there will be no turning back!

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep....hard to blow up a running rod....myself, I have not had that problem yet.....chassis is out back, body sitting on concrete pad, 409 in my friends car and the 6-speed in the garage.