Robert Wiehl

Hey everyone! My name is Rob. I have a 55 Bel Air 4dr that I am transplanting a 348 W and 700R4 trans into. The engine is currently on the stand being torn down. It is a low HP single 4bbl setup. I am doing a stock rebuild except for a Comp Cams street grind cam and lifters and double roller timing chain upgrade. On the outside I will be using a billet electronic distributor and a Summit racing 750cfm carb with electric choke. I am very excited about this project. I had this engine and original powerglide trans for 12 years with nothing worth putting it in until now. I love the style of the old w motors and cant wait to see it in my 55. I have built dozens of small blocks in the past but never one of these. I purchased the rebuild book on ebay as a helpful guide but I am sure I will have questions or need advice from the pro's in this group. I look forward to talking with everyone. I live in the Birmingham AL area.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:hugWelcome to the zoo,Rob.As a former resident of the great state of Ala.,it's great to have a fellow in the group.Your project is indeed intresting,and you'll find about all the information you'll ever need on those wonderful old "w" motors here.[I just hope your not an Auburn fan!]:laugh