Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
hey guys been waiting to join yall for awhile but wanted to have something first, 62 bubble top or at least a W-motor, wanted a 62 forever but started looking hard about 2 years ago this site and all of you have helped and you didn't even know it. THANK YOU ALL I bought a 62 Bubble top 2 weeks ago I can't stop smiling looking forward to get involved in all the conversations, again thanks, oh by the way i also own a 68 SS Chevelle 396/4Speed my first car and i was lucky enough to keep it for all these years

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the site- tell us what you will do with the 62 and post some pics.

Don

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Don thanks I plan on just driving it, while i put together a 409 it has a 327 4/speed with 373 gears for now. the guy i got it from bought it from a guy that had been nostalgia racing it i think i am the 4th owner I will post pics, i consider myself lucky to find one in this shape it's a driver and thats the way i plan on keeping it. I just looked up at your 62 and it looks just like mine except for the wheels. aint that something

martin

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome!! Had one of those in '68, factory 409 4 speed, blue on blue, traded it heads up for a '37 Plymouth Coupe. :doh :bang What area of Ky??

Lonnie

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Martin. Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.

:crazy:dance:cheers

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanks guys i'm about 20 miles from the ky-tn line Bowling green KY. you ever heard of BEECH BEND RACEWAY looking forward to getting and sharing 409 and impala info with ya'll

thanks martin

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I've been reading and following some of yall's threads for the past year so i kinda feel like one of the guys already

thanks

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Don thanks I plan on just driving it, while i put together a 409 it has a 327 4/speed with 373 gears for now. the guy i got it from bought it from a guy that had been nostalgia racing it i think i am the 4th owner I will post pics, i consider myself lucky to find one in this shape it's a driver and thats the way i plan on keeping it. I just looked up at your 62 and it looks just like mine except for the wheels. aint that something

martin
Mine is surf green, someone painted the bottom a dark aqua colour, its not near as nice a colour as it looks, IMHO. The wheels were temporarily off my Roman Red 59. I have a stock set of black 14's on it now, still not driving the car.

Don

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
thanks guys i'm about 20 miles from the ky-tn line Bowling green KY. you ever heard of BEECH BEND RACEWAY looking forward to getting and sharing 409 and impala info with ya'll

thanks martin

My Mom, Sister & Brother-in-Law, two Nephews and their families are in Bowling Green. Ever go to Rians "Fatted Calf" butcher shop to get your hamburger/steaks or other meat?? That is one nephew. (Excellent meat by the way) The other is an instructor at WKU. If you get a chance, stop by the fatted Calf and tell Rian "Uncle Lonnie" sent you. It'll blow his socks off!! Take your '62, he will love it!

Lonnie

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm gonna try Uncle Lonnie at the Price Chopper buthcher shop here and see what I get. I'll let you know!!!!

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
thanks Lonnie I havent been to the fatted calf yet but i will find it
Martin

It's on 31W about 1/4 mile south of what I believe is Scottsville Rd. I think 31W runs North & South in that area. It's a small shop so if you blink you might miss it. He does one heck of a business though.

Lonnie