new member with a 61 belair

drews409

Hello,
Any South Carolina memebers?
im new to this group. Found it through a link from another outdated board. I see some familuar names and its good to be around 409 people again! I own a 61 belair that were modifying for a 409. Currently the car has been down to the frame and has a narrowed 9" ford so my 15X10 cragar ss rims with BFG p275/60 drag radials fit. My wife and I have been restoring it ourselves and its about 60% done. I have learned a lot over the years such as painting, body work etc. The most ive learned is patience! The funny thing ive learned is it takes 4 times the time needed and 5 times the cash! LOL! Drew in South Carolina.:cheers

bobs409

Administrator
Drew,

You sound familiar too. Were you a visitor when we were 348/409 Chevy club at Yahoo? (ugh, it pains me to think of those days) :D

If your 61 is turquoise/gray primer, I remember you. :)

Bob

drews409

hello Bob,
yes my car is now turquoise with a whirte roof. This is a very nice formatted board! No pop ups!!!!

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Drew. You won't find any pop ups or any kind of ads here.

We went "pro" a little while back. :D

You'll probably see alot of names from the old site. We're all here except Mel. (that I know of) ;)

Bob

drews409

Im in the Gaston area near Columbia. I like all sorts of cars, even own 2 Fords, 1 Buick and 2 Chevy cars. It would be nice to have a non political type of 58-70 era Chevy club. Seems most clubs ive belonged to get vey very political oriented. Im not afilliated with any clubs other than Goodguys right now. Drew.