New here looking for pics or info 1960 348 c stock detroit area drag car

Hello my name is jason, im finishing putting back together my all original 60 belair 348 tripower , 4 speed old c stock drag car. The drivers name was fred mitchell. Came with alot of trophies. Was sponsered by northville mi. Shell gas station. The name on the car is Skai High.. Any info or pictures would be very helpful and appricated. Car is from detroit area...factory red car white top blue interior. Radio/heater delete manual brakes/steering. The car still wears its 1960's paint. Thanks everybody for your help. This is a great site!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :beer
Hopefully someone will remember that car. From the picture in your avatar, it looks really cool. It sure would be great if someone has pictures or stories.
Posting a picture would help get peoples attention.
You might even try a post on the HAMB site.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Jason ,:clap Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine.:hug Enjoy the ride.
Like Brian and Jim say "Lots of pictures please ":pray

:crazy:dance:cheers

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\image (8).jpeg
image (8).jpeg

Car should be running soon! Prob will take to detroit dragway reunion. Car raced from 1960 to 65 detroit,milan , martin, onandaga.. Anybody have any info or pictures at the track? Thanks again.. I know someone will have something hopefully..

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Car should be running soon! Prob will take to detroit dragway reunion. Car raced from 1960 to 65 detroit,milan , martin, onandaga.. Anybody have any info or pictures at the track? Thanks again.. I know someone will have something hopefully..

Hello jason, welcome to the site. I would like to invite you to the Fred Totten 348/409 shootout. You can bring your car finished or not to the track. If, and I hope, it is finished and you want to run on the track there will be a $75.00 entry fee. If you want to show the car it will be $40.00.

I also have a orig old gasser 63 impala that i race with the great lakes gassers. I was at thompson with the 63 when all the 348/409 cars were there and they put on quite a show. Thanks for offer to go to the fred totten shootout. What track is that at and when thanks...

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I also have a orig old gasser 63 impala that i race with the great lakes gassers. I was at thompson with the 63 when all the 348/409 cars were there and they put on quite a show. Thanks for offer to go to the fred totten shootout. What track is that at and when thanks...
Thomson Raceway Ohio, May 31-& June 1

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Wow! That car is really cool! :beer
Not the kind of car anyone would forget. I hope you find someone that has some old pictures.
The painted valve covers look great. :clap
Is the engine fairly mild, similar to the way it was back in the day?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hi Jason,
Have you requested help locating pictures on the H.A.M.B.? There is a junior stock thread on that board. Also, Facebook has a group called Junior Stock Memories, the posters there may be able to help as well. Of course you have to be a member of those groups to post, if you aren't I'll be happy to post asking for information and picture for you.