New Guy!!

Hey folks, my name is Bill and I've got a 55 Chevy with dreams of having a 409 based stroker between it's fenders. It's currently got a 425hp SBC in it. I live in Fair Hill, Maryland, which is in the north east tip of the state, about 10 minutes from DE and PA. I hope to learn a bunch about the W motors, so when it's time to build mine, I'll at least have some sort of idea of what I'm doing. :D

Pics of my sled:
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/bluedevilfxt/updated 55/

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think the 425 hp SB is cool but your gonna love the W stroker. Torque you to the wall! Anything that will push my 4000 lb. tub to 11.60 and hang the hoops is on fire. Welcome aboard.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bill,welcome aboard.Ther'es a lot of us 348-409 guys in your area.Lot of info here,if you need it just ask,answers will come a flying.Your ride is awesome,think I've seen your car before at a show or maybe a cruise in.Welcome aboard... John:beer

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the zoo............ there's lot's of great guys on here that love to help and lots of them know these ol' 409's inside and out.

Dave

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Bill, This is a great group with all the answers about the famed W. Nice looking 210....:brow Had a few of those im my day.....:deal

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bill,
Welcome!! I grew up in Fair Hill. :eek Of course Fair Hill is a lot bigger now then when I was growing up! :roll I know I've seen your car around the area. Probably at the Elkton 4th Thursday cruise, Fox Run, etc. Are you going to be at Cecil County tomorrow? A good show/race/fun time put on there the 2nd weekend of June. If you make it Look for John, Skip, my cousin Jim and myself. John & Skip will probably parked in the show area but will be hanging out with Jim & I at our trailers.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome Bill.:clap I am in the midst of "STUFFING A "W" into my old '57 drag car. It's the one pictured on the left.That picture was taken in the pits of National Speedway here on Long Island in 1972.The little boy is my son who is now 45 yrs old.:love My "W" is a 348 out of a '64 Chev 80 series potato truck. Any questions just ask away. If you can look back in the projects thread for k9hotrodder 409 build. Lots of pictures. My build is not by any means the only way to do this swap. There are several others on this site that have done this swap also. ENJOY THE RIDE !!!

:crazy:dance

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Bill.:clap I am in the midst of "STUFFING A "W" into my old '57 drag car. It's the one pictured on the left.That picture was taken in the pits of National Speedway here on Long Island in 1972.The little boy is my son who is now 45 yrs old.:love My "W" is a 348 out of a '64 Chev 80 series potato truck. Any questions just ask away. If you can look back in the projects thread for k9hotrodder 409 build. Lots of pictures. My build is not by any means the only way to do this swap. There are several others on this site that have done this swap also. ENJOY THE RIDE !!!

:crazy:dance
Ken I get a order of fries with that build.....:laugh:laugh:laugh______________:deal

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard. See you got on OK. You got lots of good company all around you. Enjoy the nut house. Walt

Bill,
Welcome!! I grew up in Fair Hill. :eek Of course Fair Hill is a lot bigger now then when I was growing up! :roll I know I've seen your car around the area. Probably at the Elkton 4th Thursday cruise, Fox Run, etc. Are you going to be at Cecil County tomorrow? A good show/race/fun time put on there the 2nd weekend of June. If you make it Look for John, Skip, my cousin Jim and myself. John & Skip will probably parked in the show area but will be hanging out with Jim & I at our trailers.

I didn't make it to Cecil today, I wasn't feeling too great this morning. I went to the first year they held it, but not since. I did head up to Nottingham earlier, through. I'll keep my eye open for you!!