New guy with a 62 chevy

ohiovol62

Hi Guys,

I've lurked this site several times whenever I had a question on my 409. Now I'm in need of greater assistance. lol

I bought a 65 truck motor at the columbus goodguys show in 2010. Its freshly rebuilt, not a thumber. The car is a lowrider/street machine and will be a driver. I'm not going for the stock look so I was thinking about picking up some polished pulleys and I'm having trouble finding out what will work and what won't. Billet specialties is making a serpintine system for it but I really don't wanna go there. It's impressive but I'm not made of money and it just seems a little over done. And since I'm not going to have air, I really don't see the sense in a big bad serpintene system. I compared the old pulleys to the ones on the small block I pulled out of it and they appear to be the same? So could I just snag a couple small block pulleys? Also, I plan on putting an edelbrock water pump on it, does this complicate things?

Oh, I ran into a member if this site at a local cruise in. Last 60 I think was his name. He was a big help. Pretty sharp 60 chev as well.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site.:clap You have met one of many great people on this site.:hug He may or may not have told you that some of us can't read.....so PICTURES ARE A MUST OF YOUR PROJECT !!!

Butch:crazy:cheers

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
ohiovol62, WELCOME!! Glad to see that you finally joined. Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate that. Hope to see you in that 62 next summer! :)

Lonnie

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
By the way troops, this is a YOUNG fella getting involved with the W's!! Good to see that. :clap

Lonnie

1960impala283

Well Known Member
I have small block harmonic balancer (moved the timing tab), and pulleys on one of my builds. Needed a 1/8 spacer on the crank pulley to line things up.:dunno Power steering bracket and pump came from a big block.

Welcome, Nice car, needs more pictures....:dance

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have small block harmonic balancer (moved the timing tab), and pulleys on one of my builds. Needed a 1/8 spacer on the crank pulley to line things up.:dunno Power steering bracket and pump came from a big block.

Welcome, Nice car, needs more pictures....:dance
I Believe the early SBC balancer use the same timing mark. The 69' and later balancer would require the mark to be moved. SBC pulleys will work fine.