New guy to the site

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
Hello all, I'm a newbie to this site. Just bought a 1961 Impala 2 door sedan with a 283 and turbo glide. It's pretty much original with faded paint and all.

I put on a set of 17" wheels and am driving it around.

I'm having a 409 built for it.

I'm sure I will receive a lot of info from this site.

61Impala_1.jpg

61Impala_2.jpg

60 Nomad

Well Known Member
Nice car you found there! Looks to be in really good condition. Welcome, lots of information and great folks on here that's for sure. Thanks for posting the pictures.

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
Thanks Dave. Not much history, somebody brought it to Ontario from Nebraska in 2008. It's pretty much original except for the wheels and tires I put on.
The fella that I bought it from has 2 409 bubble tops and was going to make this into a 409 but changed his mind and decided to sell it.
I bought it because it's a very solid car and I thought an Impala 2 door sedan would be kinda unique.
Gary

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
an Impala 2 door sedan would be kinda unique.

Definately is.......... from the pictures it looks like a really low mile, well looked after car........... you found a good one !!

Dave

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey, that looks like my car.

Will you look at that.......... as rare as a 2 dr Sedan Impala is and here we have two recent postings of nearly identical cars. Will you look at that ! Will you look at that ! :)

Dave

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
Hey cecil, can you post a pic of yours.

Dave the odometer says 75,000 and I think it's correct but not sure.

Gary

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site.:clap You seem to have created a stir about the rare '61 Impala 2 door sedans. :cool:That car is really nice. Of course it would be even nicer if it had a 409. Did you see the project one on Muscle Car TV?"RED SLED" Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engines. Enjoy the ride and please post pictures as you go along on your engine build and swap.
:crazy:cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Gary!! I really like the "mag" rims on your car!!!!
This forum is more addictive than cocaine so ..........HANG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
Dick and Phil thanks alot for the welcome.

And I will do my best to HANG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
For a significant premium, I might include a 409 instead of the 348 with mine.:think

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome mate! As others have said, lots of pics!

Phil, how do you know cocain is addictive? Something you should be telling us about how you stay awake on long drives?