New guy Terry GM from AZ

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Terry Welcome aboard.Looks like a really cool project El Camino You've got there.!! :welcome:happy

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome Terry, definetly a lot of knowledge here these guys are great they've taught me a lot so hang on and enjoy the ride

Martin:D

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
:welcomeWelcome to the site Terry .:clap:clap Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride. :welcome
:crazy:happy:cheers

Terry GM

One of the things that prompted me to look up stuff on the 348/409 was my cousin in Canada was asking about the El Camino and I was telling him where I was on the engine check and he said I need one of these, it was a picture of a 348 tri power set up with carbs he has sitting in his garage. It's from his 59 El Camino which has a blown big block in it. I said love too but can't afford it to which he replied "tell you what we'll talk next time you are up in Canada". Looks like I'm heading to Canada this summer!

Terry GM

Ok back from Canada and I opted to get a different intake from him than the Tri Power. So I ended up with a GM intake 3767579 which according to the list should be about 305 hp casting. The Tri Power is still available if I want it but i thought I would try this out first. Given the elevation changes around here I have heard a few negatives from Tri Power owners.
Since I am a newbie when it comes to the 348 does anyone know what the displacement would be if it was .030 thousands over?