New guy in Milwaukee starting a 62 Bubbletop 409 project

Duder

Hi gang,
just found the website and am very glad I did. I have a 62 Bel Air that was rear ended then parked for 3 decades. I am in need of a rust free (or close to it) 2dr or 4dr to repair the entire rear of the car and the entire floor. I have a great Convertible chassis, and the drivetrain from a 409, 4spd vert car. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Many thanks! DuderphpV0zDqGPM.jpg

I'm in Kokomo Indiana about 3 hours and 45 mins from you i am acquiring a 62 impala 4 door for parts i dunno what you could use off the rear of that I have a trunk lid you'd have to fill in 2 holes on it for the extra tail lights the impala had and if you need a bel air bumper i think im gonna use the one off the impala on my 62 bel air

Duder

Thanks Scott. Let me know if you have parts and how the rear end of the 4dr looks. Take care. Duder

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Did you buy that '62 from someone in Va? Just wondering, it looks familar

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome, Duder!
I am located a couple hours south east of you. If I hear of a 62 parts car for sale, I'll let you know.

BubbleTrouble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
welcome duder, i know where a rolling chassis 62 is but its has got a ton of work done to it, just needs to be finished.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi gang,
just found the website and am very glad I did. I have a 62 Bel Air that was rear ended then parked for 3 decades. I am in need of a rust free (or close to it) 2dr or 4dr to repair the entire rear of the car and the entire floor. I have a great Convertible chassis, and the drivetrain from a 409, 4spd vert car. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Many thanks! DuderView attachment 17683