New guy from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
Hi fellow member. My name is Norm and I am from Winnipeg,Manitoba Canada. Been reading article on here for a few months and figured I would join. I have a 1962 Biscayne, 2 door post car. I have owned ir for 4 years now. It has a 2001 Corvette C-5 engine and a 4l60e transmission. Coy rims with 18's and 20's. 4 wheel disk brakes, aftermarket power steering, Ididit tilt column shift column. Thinking about changing up the rear end to a 9 inch Ford, or Dana ( need more info on that one). It was originally a blue car and now getting painted Laurel green. Should be back together this year and will take it to the Back to the 50's show in Minneapolis. Here's a couple of pics of the beast.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 76
  • WP_000053.jpg
    WP_000053.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 82
  • WP_000054.jpg
    WP_000054.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 68

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hi Norm!!

3044.jpg

Welcome!!!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
NORM!.......Welcome to the site.Looks like a super quality ride.....love your color selection,a very classy look!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Norm. I think I know you from LS1Tech.com? You will love it over here. Take a look at what some of these guys are getting out of the old W motor. I think you'll find the 9" much easier to swap in than a Dana 60 due to upper control arm bracket location relative to a Dana's large/wide cast center. You can buy a bolt-in housing & axle package for under a grand if you don't have the resources to build your own. Even still it may be about as cheap to just buy it.

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
Hi. Yes that's me from ls1 site. Imformation is king, so I figured I would come here and see what others are using for rear ends. I missed out on a posi unit for $400.00. A local guy has several posi units but he said $1000.00 for one. That's crazy. SO I'll play the waiting game. Just won't beat on it like it's stolen.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Norm,welcome aboard!! Nice looking ride you have there.The Laurel Green looks great;there is a 62' Belair post in my area ,I've always loved that car painted like that. Sounds like your car will fly with the engine ,tranny and soon-to be rear end combo.Good luck with it,looking forward to reading your future posts. :welcome:happy:dance

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:welcome from another Canuck..........:beer
Nice ride.......check out our upcoming convention in Great Bend, KS......
that's where you'll see more 58-65 Bowties racing and sun bathing
than anywhere else on the planet..........:happy

:cheers
bj

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome aboard
Had 62 SS laurel green with a white top thou, Your Biscayne looks great

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site. :welcome Had a friend that worked at a chevrolet dealership in part's dept ,ordered a 63 ss in laurel green, only ss i ever seen that color ,but i liked it!!!!