new guy from south dakota

Hi Guys,
I quick introduction about myself. I have been hot rodding for a long time, 40+ years. Had lot`s of stuff along the way. A NHRA G stock camaro, a 62 vette bracket car, a 427 Cobra replica, a 41 willys coupe with straight axle and ladder bars, a couple of Nomads, and a 29 Hi Boy roadster. I now have a 57 T-bird resto mod, a 62 vette resto mod, a super stock style max wedge 63 Dodge and my first 62 409 bubbletop. I have had the bubbletop a couple of months and I am still tweaking it a bit to suit me. I took a short ride in the car and my brain was in overdrive with improvements I knew I had to make. So, right now it`s front suspension rebuild. The car has had a body off, the body and paint, bright red, are really nice. The interior is done with CARS repro stuff. I like my cars to be as right as time and money allow so this will sit for a few more weeks before I take it out. As soon as I get good pics I will post them.
I have been lurking awhile on the site trying to absorb all I can about 409`s.
Funny story, I bought a 59 el camino from a used car lot in the late 70`s. I paid $900. It had a greasy weal W motor which I replaced with a SBC I had. I gave to engine to a buddy. He got to cleaning the engine and it had chrome valve covers under the grease and paint. It turned out to be a 340 horse 409......DOOOOOOOO!Oh well, he was a good guy. I hope to be a contributing member. Bbob Myers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site. :beer
It sounds like you've got good taste in cars. The cars you own, or have owned sound great.
Be sure and post a picture or two when you get a chance.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome Bob, you will like it here. I am near you in Northwest Iowa next to Sioux City. Sioux Falls was my hometown, we are there about every other month.
Used to race at Thunder Valley in Marion mostly with my 57 HT that I still have.
I can help with the 409 - I have one(in my picture) and building a 62 SS convert.
Paul

I live in the Black Hills near Rapid City. I moved here 12 years ago from North Carolina....sure do love it here this time of year.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome, Bob. You have the holy grail of Chevies. Let us know if you need help.
Everyone here knows something