New Guy from New York with a 409

curvesman

Hello everyone, Proud to be a member of this club I always loved my chevys and am in the process of installing a 409 into my 64 Impala ragtop.( was a 327) I retired 2 years ago and love playing with cars. My best friend have a repair shop so I get to use his shop all the time. The 409 I have is a truck block,I had it rebuilt and got a nice 2- 4 barrel Manifold for it. Hope to start it this week. She has a Auto transmission 2 speed power glide. Not looking to go fast just love the look of the 409 engine! Now that I have the 409 I have to find alternator brackets, power steering bracket, I guess I can look on ebay to find this stuff. If anyone has a better idea let me know.
Thanks in advance
curvesman

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Curves man

Welcome to the zoo... keep you arms and legs inside the ride at all times. The parts you need are available from Showcars.

Bill

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Come on in, there is a great bunch of guys here. Also a few crabby ones:D. Lots of knowledge in one place.

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
:welcome :cheers Welcome Aboard !!!!! Where in New York are you from !!!!!!!! We do have members on the site that do sell items that might have what you are looking for !!!! You can also post in the wanted forum. But if you cant find it here Show Cars probably will have it!! :cheers

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site , congrat's on retirement , Im tired too!!!!Now the fun begin's, Huh:D:D:D