New guy from Nebraska

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My name is Nick Smithberg, I'm located in Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. I have a a few cars but the one that brought me here was a 63 Impala project car that I bought last year. I also am a machinist where I specialize in Cylinder Heads and Intake Manifolds - called Smithberg Racing. Check me out I also have a Facebook page for my business. Excited to learn more about these X Frame cars and the W Motors!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:hugWelcome aboad Nick,there's lots of information and some very knowledgeable ,friendly folks here.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome aboard Nick! :beer It's really an Honor to have you here. I've been following the progress of Dan Miller's Hemi for several years on Speedtalk and in the Engine Masters Magazine. :deal
Here's a link to a story about the engine, but more importantly it's about how of how a group of talented and all round great guys kept the dream alive after Dan passed away...
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/1211phr_388ci_chrysler_gen_i_hemi/

Edit... I forgot to add that Nick was an important part of the team that worked on that engine.

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys, I hope I can contribute with my experience here. I have a 63 and a 66 Impala and have always loved those BIG cars.
Here is the 63 I picked up last year for a song! As you can tell it once was a lowrider with the crushed velvet interior but it isn't cut up or rusty!
IMG_20110708_170126.jpg

IMG_20110708_172515.jpg

IMG_20110708_172523.jpg

Here is my 66 and it is currently in the body shop fixing some minor rust and repainting it the original Lemonwood Yellow.
IMPALA10071.jpg

427IMPALA1.jpg

_DSC0131128.jpg

_DSC0133130.jpg

_DSC0160156.jpg

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here is a race I put on a few years ago at our local track. I raced the 7.50 index class (1/8th mile) and went to the finals - Runner Up. Not to shabby for my street car.
There is another Heads Up style class racing in the video as well. I worked on alot of these cars in the video including the Turbo Silver Camaro.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That 63 looks like a great project.
I liked the video with the 66 The shots from the roof mounted camera look really cool. I've got to try that next year at the 348/409 Shootout at Thompson Ohio. I might get some really cool shots. :beer

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The motor is hardly working in the video and by that I mean I'm only shifting at 6000 RPM and in the top of second gear hitting the trap! Still has the stock 10 bolt and a 3.36 gear which has been 7.40's to date this way. Ford 9" with 4.11's set to go in soon once it gets back from the body shop. Can't wait to watch the times just drop!