New guy from ND

62convert

Hello everyone. Been here for a bit, but didn't want to post until I picked up my 62 convertible. Ran pretty good on the 500+ mile drive from southern Minnesota. Been in the barn for a number of years so I was pretty surprised. Dang Carter carb is out of adjustment though. Probably be asking a bunch of silly questions once I start taking a better look at the car. Seems pretty original, with the exception of the paint and engine. Started out as a V8 car...I would say 327 by the emblems, but now has a 348, suffix code H. Car is Roman Red with a white top. Pretty cool, even has some assembly line markings on the firewall. Anyhow, thanks for all the info on the site!!

62convert

Oh yeah, worst part was I had to wait a year to pick it up. Was in Afghanistan last summer, and yesterday was the first day it was nice enough on the entire route to drive it back. Heck we had 2 inches of snow earlier this week...:blah

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome from another 62 owner, sounds like an original carter AFB carb.
Paul

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome aboard!!! This is a great place with great people!! I drug my 64 out of a barn near Deering ND about 33 years ago. I've also had a 58,59 and a 65...all NoDak cars.

By the way...Thanks for serving our country, I'm sure your 62 will be worth the wait!!:appl

Last edited:

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
What can we call you ? " New Guy " doesn't sound right. Welcome to the site.:clap:clap Great group here:hug and Lots of info on the "W" engine .
"GET IN , SIT DOWN , FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT , HOLD ON , & ENJOY THE RIDE !!":appl
:crazy:cheers