New guy from Massachusetts

63 Impala 409

I have been a motor head since high school and have had several cars over the years. Last year I wanted to get into the Classic Car thing so I started to look for something different and a convertable. I was lucky enough to find my white 63 Impala SS Convertable with a 425 HP dual quad 409 with 4 speed and 4:11 posi. I have checked all the numbers and find that this is as original as it gets down to the hub caps. I am enjoying driving it and showing it at cruise nights and car shows. Looking to this group to learn more about these cars and engines as well as find some hard to find parts.

Attachments

• Jackies Pic11.jpg
    Jackies Pic11.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 7

63 Impala 409

Thanks everyone. Is there a way I can find out how many cars like mine were built? I know the 425 HP 409's are hard to come by, but would be interested to see how many cars like mine were made. I will look at all the forums and get up to speed with what has been going on, I am sure we will be talking again.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the group!!!!
There are not any figures available to tell how many of your car was produced. The figures are available for 425HP engines, 4-speed, posi, convertible, etc. But nothing combines them all together.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome! A few of us will be at the Hot Rod Reunion in Epping NH next weekend. Stop by and hang out with us.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :beer
That's a beautiful car. :clap
http://www.348-409.com/general.html
The 409 info section says there were 16,902 409 cars built in 1963 but of course most would have been 340 or 400 hp models. I'm guessing that a 425hp, 409 convertible would have been quite rare. :deal

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice car, welcome to the jungle.I would leave it like it is ,better than money in the bank !!!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Nice car......come on in. I had a 63 convert back in the day. Don't tear the trailing arm out of the anchor. Don't ask me how I know about that.