New guy from Hamilton Ontario.

Windingout

Supporting Member 2
I purchased a 1963 Impala SS last Easter and recently joined the sight. The car is s project and is all in pieces. It came with a 068 truck 409 out of a fire truck and a M21 4 speed. The car has been a race car for many years with a differant motor and auto trans. It was origiinally a 4 speed judging from the built in hooded tach . It has a 12 bolt 456 posi with adjustable torque arms and one piece drive shaft. It needs minor body work and major paint. My plan is to build the 409 for 90% street and 10 % strip. I have already leatned do much from all the nowledgible w enthusiasts sharing their hard earned experiance with us new guys. When I bought the car in Fort Erie trying to get the best deal I said" You know I am probable the last guy on earth that even cares about a car like this or even knows what a 409 is". Man was I wrong about that!!!!after finding this site. I will say buy for now.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome2I wouldn't be surprised if some of the guys here know some history on your car if it was raced much and it sure sounds like it was.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
:welcome2
Welcome to the site. Great group here:hugand lots of info on the "W" engine. Get in Close the door, Strap yourself down and hold on !!!
:crazy:cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site. :beer
It sounds like your car has had some good upgrades and you can make some really good power with that engine.