New guy from Argentina

juan

Hi everybody!
My name is Juan and Im from Buenos Aires Argentina, down in South America. I own a 59 2dr HT Impala for a few years now. The car has a 283 2 bbl and a powerglide. It was "restored" 25 or so years ago and has faded paint and cheesy interior materials.
Good thing is that the car is pretty rare here and I can use it everyday.
Last week I scored another 59 with a 348. Its beyond repair and the 348 is going to find its way to my coupe.
I have a few questions about it. Just got a complete fel pro gasket kit and I would like it to be reliable and a bit more spicy than the 250 HP original rating.
I do not take much pics, but here is one. Hope you like it!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Juan .:clap Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.

:crazy:dance:cheers

juan

Thanks everybody for the positive vibe! I appreaciate it.

Here is a pic of the engine. Its dirty, but turns freely. I believe its the 250 HP option but I didnt have the chance to take the valve covers just yet.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome Juan........:beer, your '59 will be a great project.
It's a nice feeling when you are working on this stuff,
and all your questions can be answered here..........:rub

:cheers & happy motoring
bj

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice car Juan and that 348 looks pretty original. Check for numbers stamped on the pad in front of the passenger side head, and the casting number at the back. The generator with power steering looks original- 59 at the newest, in 60 the power steering was a separate pump mounted on the front of the block.

Don