New from Ohio

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
Hey guys, just signed up yesterday. Looking forward to getting to know my way around the site and getting to know you guys and am going to be firing out some questions hopefully you guys can answer for me.

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Welcome, I'm down near St.Clairsville, maybe our paths will cross at a cruise/show someday.

Dennis

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
Thanks Donny, Dennis !

Dennis, I'm in Fremont. I hope so, be pretty cool to check out your rides and BS for a while !

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome Kevin all the info you could ever need you'll find here. Great group of guys get ready for our national meet next year location to be announced. I'm from Elyria about a half hour west of Cleveland

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Kevin . :clap Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine .:hug
Lots of pictures of your ride/project please , Some of can't read !!!:dunno

:crazy:dance:cheers

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
Hey thanks guys for the warm welcome ! I can tell this is going to be a pretty cool site ! The first question I need to throw out there is about oil pans. I'm not sure where to throw that question out at though.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Kevin,If youre wondering about a smalblock pan,post iun the 6 cyl,smsllblock,big block section,if your dealing with a "w ' engine, the 348,409 section is how it is intended to work.But we're really not all that formal,ask away.:hug

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
Okay, I'll throw it out here and at the 348-409 spot. My motor is a 65 409 truck and my plan is to put it in a 62 Impala and make a replica of my dads 62 that he had back in the day. What I need to know is if the truck pan will fit in a 62 ? I'm not really worried about it being right for a replica because there will be many modern mods to the motor and car ( when I find one ). I just need to make sure the truck pan will fit the car before I slide her in.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Welcome Kevin. The pan will fit just fine. I have a '62 Impala running a '65 truck motor with the original truck oil pan. The truck oil pans look like the car pans except for the drain plug location. The truck pan plug is on the bottom and the car pan is on the front side of the sump. The odd ball oil pan is the "65 car pan which has an extra step in the mid bottom area and will fit the '65 car frame cross member only. Leo

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
Thank you Leo, that is great news because I have been hemorrhaging $100 bills since I started this project a month ago !