New From North East Pa.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hello everyone. I am from North East Pennsylvania.This is seems to be a really great forum and the only one I have ever joined. Everything I have read here has been very interesting and informative. I look forward to sharing and hearing comments on my current restoration project, a 1963 Impala SS(supposed to be an original 409/4 speed car). I fell in love with the W engines over 25 years ago. I think they are one of the coolest engines ever made. I found my 409 in, of all places, a farm machinery bone yard. It was installed in an old Case tractor. A Saturday morning and a little bit of cash and it was mine. I couldn't beleive. So after many years of saving my pennies and dimes I finally was able to rebuild the engine using Edelbrock heads, intake and carbs. About a year and a half ago I couldn't waite any longer and picked up a beat up 4 door impala just to put the engine in until it's permanent home is ready. What a great thrill it is every time I drive the car.

I look forward to reading all of the interesting stories and advice on this great site.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Welcome, hope you find the site to be very informative and helpful. Great bunch of guys here

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome:yupEven Phil! We are having a large get together in Great Bend,Ks.this September,make plans to join us,you'll love it.:love

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks for the welcome. I am in Lakeville(Lake Ariel Post office)between Hamlin and Hawley. Near Lake Wallenpaupack. 18436. Just a couple of hours northeast of Pottsville.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :beer
I like the idea of putting the 409 into a four door driver. That way you don't have to rush your 63 project. :idea

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My 63 project will take a while(just posted in "projects") so I will get to enjoy the 409.

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice to have another member from the state of Pa.! I live about 35 mi. west of Phila....towards Lancaster,

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!Great bunch of guys with all the W Head engine info you could ever ask for

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the forum. You will find great folks with a ton of "W" knowledge here. All are very helpful and patient with providing great information.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I continue to look forward to reading and learning and enjoying everyone's experiences with their w engines and project vehicles.