New from Kentucky

Tri5man

Well Known Member
IMG_0334_opt.jpg Just signed up. Current project is a 63 BelAir 2 door post car. Has a rebuilt 355 SBC with Tune Port Injection, Tremec five speed, Four corner Ride Tech air ride, Vintage Air, Complete Magnaflow exhaust from full length headers to the tips, Polished Americans, New Interior, Power disc brakes, Power steering, Power windows, Power door locks and Super straight body.

Last edited:

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome to the site, nice car, are you going to put a 409 in it?

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome!! Nice car!! That 355 won't last long if you hang around here a lot!!!!

Last edited:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
img_0334_opt-jpg.24227
Just signed up. Current project is a 63 BelAir 2 door post car. Has a rebuilt 355 SBC with Tune Port Injection, Tremec five speed, Four corner Ride Tech air ride, Vintage Air, Complete Magnaflow exhaust from full length headers to the tips, Polished Americans, New Interior, Power disc brakes, Power steering, Power windows, Power door locks and Super straight body.

WOW!! Beautiful car!!!! :welcome More pics please!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome. Beautiful car. I am a HUGE fan of the TPI so if it has to have something besides a 409 for now....that would be my 2nd choice for a driver.

Tri5man

Well Known Member
The TPI is 25 year old technology but it works. Its real nice hooked to the Tremec when at 75 and in overdrive the RPM's drop to 1900. Makes for great cruising and gas milage.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You've got that right. I am fairly familiar with the LS1 engine family and know they are the current "darling" of the automotive world, but I'm still not sold on them like most people. (And I even own a few of them.) I see quite a few with problems on a regular basis. They may be easy to make 400 to 500 HP with in a streetable package, but in my opinion for the cost and trouble to swap they present.....you can do just as much with the other platforms out there.