New 62 SS 409 owner

Joe1962SS

Supporting Member 1
Hello gang, I'm the new proud owner of a 62 impala SS 409 4 speed California car, a garage find by California standards (parked outside). I'll have many questions along the way. About me, 39 year old Fire Captain from souther California, married with two wonderful boys (9 & 11). I have been a car enthusiasts since before I can remember. Guess that happens when your family lives and breaths cars, my father, uncles and grandfathers were/are all craftsman and mechanics with a love for hot rods/muscle cars/ sleads and classics. I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys and gals. As for the car it's been sitting for about 3 years. The only issue is the perviose owner removed the 4 speed and put a automatic in. His wife couldn't drive the stick, besides from that the car is pretty much stock. I'll be looking for parts to put it back to original real soon. Thanks Joe

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Joe:clap:clap. Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Sit back , strap yourself in and enjoy the ride .
:crazy:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats on your purchase! Easy task to change back to the four speed, but you'll need to locate the correct parts first, assuming they did not come with the vehicle. There is a thread in this Forum that addresses the details of converting an automatic over to a 4 speed.

Welcome aboard!
TomK

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome Joe,

post some pics, I am sure all would like to see.

by the way ask away there is more info on this forum than you could ever asborb, the search function is pretty good.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome Joe, you'll find this is a great bunch of folks with a lot of knowledge.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Joe! Looking forward to reading more about your project. You are definitely in the right place.