Need some measure for a 61

Va348

Supporting Member 1
Need some measurement for a 61 Help Please

Does anyone have a 61 with New springs that they could measure the bottom of rocker panel at front next to fender and at the back of rocker. All so Dia. of tire you have with that measure.

I know its in manuel but my car must have truck springs on,its so High by the manuel and looks.

Help Me out please

Dale

bobs409

Administrator
Does your car have brand new springs? If so, they will tend to sit higher.

Wish I could take some measurements for you but I don't have any 61's laying around. lol :D

Va348

Supporting Member 1
I would like to have New stock spring meas. And old stock spring.

My car looks Like it has SUPER HD.Wire size is .100 bigger than stock I know thats a bunch .IF I can get a measure I could Decide on how to Lower. I have a old set of stock,But I do not have all weight in it right now.

Thanks Bob for Respond!

Dale

bobs409

Administrator
Dale,

Do you have an assembly manual by chance? If so, they may give measurements like that in there. The one I have for my 66 Chevelle does.

Wish I could help ya but all I have is a '63 sitting on 40 year old springs and no engine in it right now. :p

Va348

Supporting Member 1
Yes measment is in manuel, I am way higher than that. I have some 40 yr springs I could put in it,But it has a lot of the wt. out right now. What I want is how they set with old springs. So I know way to go. I want it low,If I have those measments I could decide. Thanks for Trying.

Dale

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Va348,
I have 2 restored 61's that I could give you measurements from but I did not replace the springs in either car just because of the problems you are having. My 61SS has the heavy duty springs, the Impala doesn't have heavy duty springs, the SS sets about 1" higher that the Impala. Both cars have 8.00x14 B.F. Goodrich tires. I thought you only wanted measurements from a car with new springs. Will measuremnets from mine help? If you look at the pictures of my cars, it will give you an idea of how they set, is yours higher?
Tommy

Va348

Supporting Member 1
Real 61 SS

Give me the meauments off of the Impala. Bottom Of rocker panel
Not where it welded to enter rocker.

Thanks Very MUCH Tommy

Dale

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Va348,
The following measurements were taken under the rocker panel (the flat area, not at the lip where the rocker is welded to the inner rocker). They were taken at the crack where the rear of the front fender meets the rocker panel and at the very rear of the rocker panel.
Impala 2 dr ht /348/4speed - front = 10 1/2" rear = 11"
Impala SS 2 dr. ht 348/4 speed/heavy duty sup. - front = 11" rear = 12"

Hope this was what you were looking for, if not, let me know, I'll take another "whack" at it

Tommy:rolleyes: