National Impala Association

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I received a phone call from Jody Anderson yesterday morning.

He is the proud new owner of the National Impala Association that has been located in Spearfish, SD. He is all excited about this new venture and direction in his life!! He wants to expand all the activities and regional conventions like the old Late Great used to be. And knowing Jody's interests....we can probably expect more 348 and 409 coverage!!

Many of us here know Jody. He is probably the most knowledgeable 1964 person I know of. And of course...his engine of choice has always been the 409!!!

Best wishes to Jody on his new path in life!!:clap :clap

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
If he can make it like the old Classic Chevy Assoc. and the old Late Great Chevy Assoc., then I'm all for it. Both of those organizations lost me when they sold out to become McChevy Parts and T-Shirts, Inc.:deal

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
He can count on at least one new member!! Me !!! I also have had it with the other assc.:cuss

Jody is a great guy that i have had deals with for many years !:clap :clap

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Jody is indeed one of the good guys. He said the change over will be done by the end of Oct. I told him I'd join in Nov. That way he will get the whole $40 dues. Jody is young enough to have a lot of enthusiam for a project like this!! I'll do anything I can to help him.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
We talked about this at our July Heartland Impala Association meeting. I was excited to learn that it was changing hands! Especially when I heard Jody was going to run it!! Sounds like there might be a chance for the convention to be moved around every year. Should give others a chance to attend. I never made it up to Spearfish but I always wanted to. It seems like a different location with new activities will be beneficial for the club!
Ross

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hooray

I gave up Late Great when they went with Ecklers. Prices doubled! I know Jody will make it a class act. :cheers

62BillT

Well Known Member
I too dropped out of Ecklers Late Great not long after the owner change.

But I'm already a member of the NIA. I joined sometime back around '92.

bobs409

Administrator
I can still remember my LGC member number, #5564. That's when it was good. 1958-64 full size only. I didn't mind too much when 65-70 was added but then came 55-57, then something else... and something else... I called it quits around then. It went from $20/25 when I started and up to about $40 by the time I left. It seemed like alot of money for the little I was getting out of it. :evil

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Same here, Bob. Just before LGC changed over to 65 and up Chevys, they asked for opinions. I didn't like the idea, because I felt they dilluted the club.:dunno They were now like every other Chevy club.:mad: What none of us knew at the time was, this was the handwriting on the wall. They weren't making enough money. Like they say, nothing lasts forever. Its too bad, I really liked LGC. Skip:)

wally409

Well Known Member
HI! Does anyone have a phone number and/or email for Jody? Please let me know.
I was an original member back in the early 80's and since LGC went in a different direction, I've been looking for something like this. Thanks. wally