Mailman..hi guys..

mailman

Well Known Member
I have been reading this forum for a while to get information so I thought it was time to join it so that I can get even better information. I am new to messing with the W motors. I have a 348 I am putting together to go into my 34 Ford pickup truck. This engine is just a little different from the typical SBC or Ford engines I have messed with before. I am an old fart but this is my first try at building one of these engines. I remember my first experience with one though. A friend had a 425 horse 409 in his 57 Chevy 150 way back in 1968 and to this day I can remember the torque that monster had.

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome. You should find all the info and help you need here. If we don't have the answer, we'll try to point you in the right direction.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Mailman!!! Do you still do Saturday delivery???????????? Sorry........couldn't help myself!!!!

Great site with lots of info. Just ask!!!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice having you aboard.Some of the best guys in the world here.A amazing amount of knowledge about cars and especially about those "W" engines.If you get a chance post some pictures of your cars,because we all love pictures.Welcome abaord.... :clap:clap:beer John

mailman

Well Known Member
Thanks guys. No, don't do Saturdays anymore, I am now retired. But to be honest, no one but the union bosses wants us to work Saturdays at the post office so you can probably kiss Saturday delivery good bye. I will post a pic or two once I get it looking like a vehicle again.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Aboard,mailman.What part of Huntsville,Ala.[my home town] do you live in?:dance:hug

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I live in Alexandria,Va.now,get home usually at Christmas.Mom,sister,a bunck of cousins still there.I think I remember Ryland,kinda between Hunstville and Gurley?