lovemy60impala

lovemy60impala

Hello every one, my name is James. I am glad to have found this wonderful site. I have a 1960 flat top (4dr sport sedan) with it's original 348 powerplant. It trully was a barn find as it belonged to an old man who passed a few year back, I got it from his daughter. The car hasn't een on the road for many years and was always parked inside. It took me nearly a year to get the title worked out ut finnaly I did get a clear title in my name. Unfortunatly I am now out of the country and haven't een able to work on the car. I have had this Impala for about two years now and have not touched it other than getting it home and putting it in storage. When I return I plan on a full restoration, and since I can't work on it now I have plenty of time for reserch. I had orriganally thought of replacing the 348 with a 454 but have since learned much about the engine and decided to keep it original. I have had many Impalas in my life but this is the first 348 I have had, although I still would rather have my old 61 back even though it was a non-original small block. These old cars are getting harder to find. I am looking forward to sharing stories with you all, James

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome James. IMO you have made the right decision to keep the 348. Hope you restore it back to its glory days. Plenty of help on this web-site. Just ask. :)

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
James: WELCOME to the site. I think you made a great decision on keeping your 348 intact. Hope you get to start on it soon. :clap
Are you deployed in a branch of the armed services? :cheers
Ken.....................................

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome

Welcome to the site James, lots of great folks here, ready to help on your 348/60 flattop.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Flat Top

Welcome James and congratulations on your 348 find!! Hurry home and get her on the road!

Lonnie:clap

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site James,:clap:clap You're gonna really like it here. Great group of guys. We alll would like to see some pictures of your ride please.

:crazy:cheers