lost in the fifties

buickbob

Supporting Member 1
:cheers:cheers:cheers Greetings, from a long time hotrodder from the 50s. My wife Kathy and I just purchased a 64 Impala SS 409 without the engine and tranny. We are looking for a QB 409 block, it could be a bare block, short block or whatever. I'm hoping to pay between 1,000 $ to 4,000 $. We currently have 3 57 buicks in different states of restoration and 4 packards the same conditions. My wife drives a 55 Chevy Belaire that has won best of show for 55/56/57 chevy at the super chevy show in south florida. We would be willing to either pay or trade maybe a car for an engine? You let me know. My email address is craberdude@aol.com and my name is buickbob and thanks for this wonderful site. Bob

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome

Welcome to the site and good luck on finding your QB block. Most likely someone here has the block, but getting then to turn loose of it:bang

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bob,

Welcome to the Zoo !!! Please post some pictures of your projects, we all love pictures !!!! :cool::cool:

Bill

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Bob:beerbang While the hunt for that QB block is going on and after teasing us with the list of cars you have I think you need to give us some more details on what you have and what you have done to them:pray And like the others have said maybe some eye candy to go along with that:pray You know maybe just for us caraholic types. Ken:D

buickbob

Supporting Member 1
greetings and thanks to all the members that welcomed us aboard,thanks.we are getting many members saying hello and giving us some tips on getting a 409 enine.we will be taking pics of all our cars next week,i hope ,thanks again,buickbob

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my driver's license in a whtie/green 1955 Buick Roadmaster!!!:clap:clap:clap It was my step-father's car. Would like to find that car but it's nowhere to be found.:cry:cry:cry:cry I speant a lot of time in the early 60's in Warshockie (I know...spelling is wrong but I can't sound it out!!!!) and Whitney catalogs looking for speed parts for a 55 Roadmaster. And there were none!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:evil:evil

Glad to have you in the "zoo"!!!!