Lamar Walden Automotive checking in...

Rob Walden

Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hello as we've been long time viewers on here but haven't had many chances to post due to all the 409 addicts out there.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. ;)

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Rob.Please post as often as you can.We would welcome the experiance,and expertice that you folks represent!:hug

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Rob, keep the latest info coming. You guys are always on the cutting edge!!! I loved the latest Street Rodder article. Keep them coming.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Rob, I remember when you did a post a year or two back. Everybody jumped on you for saying the factory block was junk when it came to making real horsepower. (or something like that) :scratch
Junk may have been a poor choice of words when you're dealing with rabid 348/409 fans like us, but there's no denying that there is a limit to how much power the factory stuff can take.
I know you guys are building some really nice engines. I'm guessing you must be building an aluminum race engine or two. I'm anxious to see some of them hit the race track, I'm sure they're going to run great. :beer

Rob Walden

Supporting Member 1
Eric just give us a call at the shop and set up a time that is convenient for you and we will be more than happy to check your car over and give you a tune up. We can probably take care of that next week .
Thanks

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Rob:

Welcome aboard. We hope you have lots to contribute in terms of knowledge and experience. We're a pretty supportive site right down to the individual project, as you probably already know. We range from stock builds to custom design, from hot rod guys/gals to drag strip enthusiasts to points counting show car guys. From little budget to no budget to big budget shiny billet folks. From truck 348 guys to date coded 409 collectors. And everything in between. We look forward to you sharing your knowledge with regard to our favorite "W" engines.

I remember your Dad giving a presentation in KC in 2004 and he mentioned that 333 truck heads were destined to be "door stops" so I started collecting them whenever I get the chance :). I understand how those might be useless for that time period (or now for that matter!) but some of us dwell in low performance circles as well. We have at least one or two guys getting 450+ ft lbs out of those flat heads :).

Cheers!
TomK

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thicken up that skin and hang in there Rob. I'll take the info any way it comes.

Rob Walden

Supporting Member 1
Thicken up that skin and hang in there Rob. I'll take the info any way it comes.

Thanks. It is a tuff crowd but I think they are warming up! Lol. I will post up some info on things we are working on to everybody informed . Thanks again for the support!

Rob, often it's helpful for everyone here, if a person offers technical or advice information. in areas they are knowledgable in....... even when it regards stuff they don't sell.

Thanks, Rob:bow... I think LWA had the 2X4 manifold concept pretty well wrapped up;)

lamar_walson_intakemanifold35.jpg

I was just trying to fill a void

Had me thinking, Rob... I'm pretty sure that a little advice from you guys, could help others avoid common mistakes:deal