Just Jumping on Board!

Stovebolt V8

Supporting Member 1
HELLO ALL!!! Just got signed up and thought I'd pass on a bit about myself. :)
I've been a Chevy nut since I towed my first car home in 1965, it was a 57 Belair 283 powerglide. It was my first engine rebuild and the last one done without pulling it out of the car :o]. Over the years I've had many Chevys up to my current stable of a stock 28 coach, 28 1 ton truck, 33 Town Sedan running a 65 Corvette power train, and a 65 GMC short bed PU running a 409 block with the small (348) heads with an iron tri-power manifold with a 4 speed (Saginaw :o( ) 3.55 gears with posi. That's what brought me here, just got "finished" with it.

I've spent 30 years in the automotive industry with Master ASE certifications Auto, Truck, Med and Heavy. I've twisted wrenches and supervised a bus fleet over a four state area. I'm now retired with the wife in the Rogue River, Oregon area. As soon as I figure out the process I'll post some pics. :rub

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site "Stovebolt".:clap Lots of info here on the "W" motors. We have another site member I just saw at Thompson Ohio June 1st. He had a '64 ? GMC 1/2 ton pickup with a "HONKIN" 409 in it.:D

:crazyButch:dance

Stovebolt V8

Supporting Member 1
Mine's on the "BEEPEN" side :D The only significant upgrade would be the roller rockers and guide plates. After a few thousand miles then AmsOil :cool:

Stovebolt V8

Supporting Member 1
Right on Dan!! Just be sure and mount your 4x4 kits and no trailers over 12' (won't make the turns on this one lane gravel road) Lodging is Noooo problem, have lots of pine trees and rope to make leantoos, and lots of wild turkey, deer, and elk. Just bring a sharp knive, firearm, and permit and we'll have one heck of a pre-race hoodown!! :dance :dance :roll:roll:crazy

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Right on Dan!! Just be sure and mount your 4x4 kits and no trailers over 12' (won't make the turns on this one lane gravel road) Lodging is Noooo problem, have lots of pine trees and rope to make leantoos, and lots of wild turkey, deer, and elk. Just bring a sharp knive, firearm, and permit and we'll have one heck of a pre-race hoodown!! :dance :dance :roll:roll:crazy
No problem with the fire arms and sharp knife but, I don't think the permit is nessary....:laugh:laugh:laugh Anyway if that gettogether fits into your schedule we would shure like to see that 409 powerd GMC...:deal That is a 409 and not one of those V6-GMC's right...?:dunno___:roll:roll

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Always good to have another from Oregon on our site, like Dan said join us in Eureka this august:hug Pat. and as a turkey hunter i'll be down:beer

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Welcome Stovebolt. I love the Rogue River area, not as rainy as it is here on the coast. Please plan on joining us in Eureka in August. We have a thread about it in the "348-409.com Events" category "West Coast Shout (Shoot) Out is On" that explains what and where. I beleive the car count is up to about 23 or 24 and that's for show or race. And to make you feel at home we could bring some Wild Turkey for you.:roll

Paul