JUNKR64

JUNKR64

This is my 1964 Impala "rat" project I guess you might call it. Going to be leaving its appearance as is for the foreseeable future. This is my father's car, he hasn't had the ability to work on it with his health issues so I'm in the process of getting it on the road with the help of my 9 year old son. The current plan is to address safety issues like suspension and brakes. I plan on replacing all bushings/balljoints etc. up front and upgrading the brakes to CPP's front disc brake setup for the stock spindles. Will rebuild the rear drums. Also I would like to address the sloppy power steering feel of a 60's Impala. If anyone has any suggestions for steering box upgrades shoot them my way. Powertrain will consist of a fuel injected 4.8/5.3 attached to the original powerglide. Will run a Tanks Inc. fuel injection tank with Walbro 450 internal pump and enough fuel system to support upgrades planned for a later date :-D

In the glovebox I found the paperwork shown. It has the original owner's name on the inside of the service manual, along with the dealership and salesman who sold it, and the date of purchase. I also have a few receipts from the last owner, and insurance cards from 1991, the last year it was on the road I'm assuming.

Overall pretty solid car, floorpans aren't rotted and the supports are solid. It was well kept. Has a pretty big gash on the passenger rear from a collision. It was heavily bondo-ed over and painted the white color currently on it. Original paint is a light brown. I'm sure i'll be around asking questions. Thanks in advance.

C.J. Myers
20151208_103541.jpg 20151208_103448.jpg Dash.jpeg Drivers Interior.jpeg Rear Seat.jpeg Glove Box Content.jpeg IMG_20150208_125059_403.jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site! Looks like you have a nice father/ son project there. Keep us posted with pictures as you move along.

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nice project! Hope your dad's situation improves so he can enjoy it with you and your son.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site, nice lookin project ya got there, :wax ..........64 is my dad's favorite, hope your dad gets feelin better so he can enjoy it with ya:burnout

JUNKR64

Thanks guys. I just sent Mike (1958 Delivery) a message about his brake kits. I'll be ready to start buying some parts soon and I'll start a project build thread when I start wrenching.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome! A white '64 SS is the only new car I ever had. Looks like you have a good foundation to work with.

Lonnie

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome! Enjoy the quality time doing a great project with your son and hopefully Dad can participate too. Best times I ever spent and continue to do with my boys has been wrenching on old iron. Quality shop time cannot be replaced with video games and TV.

JUNKR64

20160122_134443[1].jpg Well its not much, but the TANK inc. fuel injection tank arrived a couple days ago. Its a pretty sweet piece. I'll start a build thread one of these days when I get some more stuff stored in the garage. Just need time and money.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
it'll take a little time, but don't get frustrated, use these guys on the forum to help you, they sell and guide you thru things that will make your build easier. I have bought many things thru this forum............thanks guys