JRi9mpala64

Hello 348-409 friends, my name is John and I am new to the club, it is so nice to be able to read what others are doing to these old W motors, I am 58 years old and have been around cars for a lot time, I have a 1964 Impala SS, and have had this car since 1977, it had 60,000 miles on it when I bought it( for the pricey sum of $400), 409-400HP, 4speed, 3:36 gear. It was a one owner, and the car was in a dark garage, and the owner( in has late 70's) did not drive it offen, as he "said" gas was too high. I have the 60's look going with the car now, American's, Sun tack on the colum, gauges under the dash, and raised the front end up a little. The car was in Super Chevy Mag in April of this year, in "Back In The Day" Disk brakes were added for safety. My other car is a 1971 Monte Carlo, it is a 350, factory 4 speed, A/C, PS, PB, PW,PL, tilt wheel, buckets, gauge package, remote mirror, fender skirts( not on car),sport wheel, 12 bolt( no posi) and vinyl top. I have had this car since 1976, so I keep my cars awhile. Thanks for inviting me in to your club.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey John welcome to the zoo...... your cars sound great. That 400 HP 409 4 speed was quite a find..... see if you can figure out how to post some pictures.

Dave

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome. Enjoy the info and ask any questions you may have these guys are good. Scott Hall

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi John,welcome aboard.There's a wealth of knowledge hanging out here.Any problems just ask,we'll all come to the rescue.I see your a 4 speed man,Yep!!! I love shifting those gears as well!!! Especially in 64' Chevies with "W" engines !!! Post some pictures we all love them.Great to have you aboard !!!! John

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, John.:clap Glad you found us. Us 64 guys:clap are definately a minority.:dunno :roll

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Okay Skip, Now I suppose you minority guys are going to be expecting special privileges now.....:doh :roll:roll:roll

In a minority now......

special privileges......

don't need food stamps......

Beer stamps would be nice!!
icon_biggrin.gif

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, John.:clap Glad you found us. Us 64 guys are definately a minority.:dunno

Okay Skip, Now I suppose you minority guys are going to be expecting special privileges now.....:doh l

Gee, I guess I need, to choose my words more carefully, Dan. :roll Food Stamps seem like a good idea.:clap Anything that helps me increase my daily input of junk food, can't be a bad thing.:clap So, what's another pill.:eek: Dick, you mentioned, Beer Stamps:clap That's an idea, that can't lose.:clap:bow

Dave, if I can figture out how to send pictures, I will, cars also in Super Chevy Mag April, 2009,not real good on computer stuff yet, but working on it, thanks for putting the welcome matt out for me...John

John...thanks for the kind words, I emailed you a question( I think it went somewhere), but I am not sure, I tried to post a question on the message board, but I guess my selection of button pushing has sent it out in never-never land...to be seen or heard from again...John

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gee, I guess I need, to choose my words more carefully, Dan. :roll Food Stamps seem like a good idea.:clap Anything that helps me increase my daily input of junk food, can't be a bad thing.:clap So, what's another pill.:eek: Dick, you mentioned, Beer Stamps:clap That's an idea, that can't lose.:clap:bow

Skip,Maybe swap meet stamps.....:?.....:deal