James Howell - Hello

Southeast Chevy Parts

You probably don't know me, but I am sure that many of you would know my father, Danny Howell. If you don't know the name, perhaps you know the companies that he helped establish: Classic Chevy International, Late Great Chevy Association, Bow Tie Chevy, and Yester Years (most of which have been bought out by Ecklers). Currently, I work for my father at Southeast Chevy Parts. The only thing that Ecklers did not purchase was the used parts department of the aforementioned companies (minus CCI). So, my father the business man, turned the used parts department into what is now know as Southeast Chevy Parts. We sell used and restored original parts for 1955-1972 Full-size Chevy's.

Hopefully, we will be able to help those of you wanting quality parts from someone who has been in the business for over 30 years (not me of course, but my dad). If some of you are interested, I will be posting about the history and origins of CCI and LGC on our website blog. I just learned about it last week over lunch at a Chinese Buffet. The food was good, but the story was better!

James
www.southeastchevy.com
jhowell@southeastchevy.com

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm probably being too hard on Ecklers. I'll explain, I read many posts on various websites that people seem very upset with Ecklers and they often say how they wish it was still CCI which most agree was great to deal with.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey James, welcome aboard mate. We know your Dad. He visited us in Australia back in the mid 90s. Say hi to him for us, Ian and Carl Taylor from down under.:cheers

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
James, welcome aboard !!! We were LGC fans and members for many years and enjoyed the conventions many times. We made it a particular point to get to the Final LGC convention to say good bye to the group before Eckler's took over. Many happy memories and could not have completed Ms Bela, without the help and guidance from your dad and others at LGC. Tell him hi from Idaho.

Bill

Southeast Chevy Parts

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm amazed at how many people know my dad, Danny Howell, and tell me so many stories about him or the good 'ol CCI or LGC days. All this has got my gears turning ...

I haven't told my dad this, but I have a crazy idea. I'd love to hear from all of you who knew my father back in the Classic Chevy or Late Great days. I want to compile all the stories and give them to him as a gift for his birthday (which isn't until September). So, if you have any stories that you would like to share (humorous or nostalgic or just a good story) make a post over on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/sechevyparts. (Use this link to make sure you post on the business page and not the personal page under the same name. We accidently made a personal page at first.)

So as to keep a consistency and find them in the near future, put as a Title "Remember the Good 'ol Days Danny." Thank you in advance!

James

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome James. There are so many of us that know your father, that he cant possibly remember all of us !! I have been with the gang since the CCI days. Went to a lot of the conventions back in the 80s & 90s as well as later years as well. When Ecklers took over, it was kinda the end of the road for a lot of us. We were some of the very early Bow Tie members. A lot of us signed on at the Springfield Mo. convention the year it started. (cant remember exactly what year it was). Your father is a great guy !!! I have often wondered what happened to him. I've been to the late great parts place out on Orange Blossom trail. Is that where you guys are still located?
Ken...................................

Southeast Chevy Parts

Yeah, we are still located on Orange Blossom Trail. The majority of the building is leased to another company but we still have the junkyard. Thanks for the kind word, Ken. There seems to be a similar theme among the old members that on e Ecklers bought LGC and Bow Tie that the "family" feeling was lost.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
James we have probably met you years ago when you were younger. I remember your Mother and Father having children with them at Nashville or Memphis one year because our son was a little guy then and I remember the young folks playing together.
I'm getting older now and my memory slips sometimes !!!!:D
Ken.......................................

Southeast Chevy Parts

I'm sure then that we have met. I went to so many shows that they are all a blur. Poker runs, drag races and the dances ... memories! It would have been me and my two sisters.

I don't know if you saw one of my recent posts, but I'm trying to collect a number of stories or memories to give to my father for his Bday. If you have any, I'd love to hear them on our FaceBook page at http://www.facebook.com/sechevyparts. Hope to hear from you there.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Was an original CCC member from back in '75 (#792). Stopped membership when I sold my '56 Nomad in '82. Joined Late Great Chevys in the early 90's. Quit soon after it was sold to Ecklers.

Welcome to the site.

Bill

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi James, welcome to an wicked site:bow. Sounds like for us at this end of the world thus far have missed out on meeting a great man as your father.
I myself have had dealings with Ecklers and too be honest i have had a really good run with them.
Will certainly head to your site and see what you have as i'm still after a few parts for my 59 nomad.
Cheers
Gav

Southeast Chevy Parts

Was an original CCC member from back in '75 (#792). Stopped membership when I sold my '56 Nomad in '82. Joined Late Great Chevys in the early 90's. Quit soon after it was sold to Ecklers.

Welcome to the site.

Bill
Sadly, a lot of members quite once Ecklers bought LGC. There are many who didn't know what happened to my dad after that ... we continued with Southeast Chevy Parts but had to sign a "no compete" for five years which pretty much meant we weren't able to communicate with people during that time. We understood ... but unfortunately we lost contact with many of our old members and friends.

Southeast Chevy Parts

Hi James, welcome to an wicked site:bow. Sounds like for us at this end of the world thus far have missed out on meeting a great man as your father.
I myself have had dealings with Ecklers and too be honest i have had a really good run with them.
Will certainly head to your site and see what you have as i'm still after a few parts for my 59 nomad.
Cheers
Gav
That's great. I think Ecklers is great for a large business. Many people expect from Ecklers how LGC had always been run, but whenever something changes management it's going to operate differently. I understand why they do things the way they do, but it is quite different from the way my father ran LGC and still runs SEC. My father has always been about "customizing" an order to fit the customers needs ... this would be near impossible for a company, the size of Ecklers, to accomplish. We still supply Eckler's many of their original restored parts (although most people don't know that).