It's what's for supper

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So I have been wanting to learn to make biscuits for some time now. I woke up at 4:15 this morning and I did it. Have watched Cowboy Kent Rollins on youtube, he is a hoot. Came across a recipe for 2 ingredient biscuits. how much easier can it get! 2 cups self rising flour & 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream. I cut that in half for my maiden voyage. Stir together till mixed, put onto a floured surface, fold over 6-10 times, mash/roll out to 1/2" thickness and cut biscuits. Bake in a greased (use bacon grease) iron skillet/dish @ 400° for 13-15 minutes or till brown. I actually went about 17 minutes and will add a pinch/1/4 tsp salt to the next 1/2 batch. Jayne even said she was impressed!
Jeff

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The dish sent for the night shift, she said it was delicious and she like my mashed potatoes. Now that is something to say the least because she makes the best mashed potatoes.
View attachment 144909
View attachment 144910
I know this is not a Shepard's Pie, but it sort of reminds me of it in some way. I have never made one. However, I am retiring next Thursday and that may just be something to do being that my new job at Harley has temporarily, or permanently been put on hold :dunno