It's Alive! Well, sort of.

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here's what the 348 looks like now. I couldn't help but fire it up for a few seconds to here it with no exhaust.:eek: Nothing like that to get you motivated!:D WUMBA!!! Unfortionately here's the snags I ran into: I didn't take into consideration that the centerlink moves back a good inch+ when the sterring is turned full lock, My beautiful modified oil pan has some sledge hammer marks in it:cry Also no matter what I did I couldn't get the steering box away from the exhaust manifold until I tried the trick that Jake had mentioned back in December. I shimmed the bottom of the box out with washers and this tilted the box away from the manifold perfectly:) Are you still with us Jake? Thank you! Harley mentioned fuel pump interferance with the frame, sure enough, the inlet hit so I rotated it so they both point back and they clear. This works great because I just ran the line over the side of the valve cover and straight into the side of the Edelbrock. Oh and one last thing; Water runs out of my fresh painted water pump as fast as you can pour it in:rolleyes: but I said this project is absolutely NO STRESS and so far so good. It just means a few more hours I get to work on my precious W motor;) Here's to all you crazy W heads. :cheers Keep wrenchin' NUT
Those smileys are toting Mountain Dew: Shocking.

Attachments

• july15 03.jpg
    july15 03.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 134

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Now thats looking better !!! Good point to be this time of year,,,,,Ahhhh and those little snags,,,,always happens with a custom installation !!!,,,dq

bobs409

Administrator
It wouldn't be any fun if everything just fell into place. :D

Sounds like you had some troubles to iron out with the the 55/348 combo I had a few mself with my 409/Chevelle project. With mine, there were 3 major problems. Oil pan wouldn't clear the crossmember, no room for power steering and exhaust manifolds were a no go. Everything else went good though. ;)