I'm new to this website . . .

Curt Hall

Hello Everyone,

I've been on this site for a while now and thought I'd might join as I am getting ready to fulfill my teenage dream! I have a '55 Chevy Handyman Wagon that I am installing a 1959 - 348 engine.
I know that there are steering box clearance problems and oil pan and tie rod clearance.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Curt
hotrodder312@gmail.com

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hi Curt! Welcome! There are a couple guys with tri-fives powered by "W" blocks. I'm sure they will be by shortly!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site!:beer
We can never have too many W powered 55 Chevy's.
I can't help you with the engine fit because my 55 has a straight axle and so it's totally different, but we do have a few members with tri five Chevy's that can probably give you some answers.
Consider starting a thread once you get started on the swap.:deal

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Curt.:clap I am in the middle of a 348 install in my old skool '57 "D" gasser. The engine is from a 1965 Chev 80 series potato truck. If you look in the member's projects & builds section here you will see a photographic trip on my swap to date. ( k9hotrodder409 57 build ) The picture on the left in my avatar is my 57 before I reinstalled the front end sheet metal. The car is now about 80% done. Lots of info on the "W" engine and a great group here.:hug Enjoy the ride.

Butch:crazy:cheers