I'm back and not too good with this forum stuff.

Bernie

you guys helped me back in 2012 with some information on headers for my 65 Biscayne. It's a 409 drag car. I tried to load a picture but are to big? But got car to run 7.60's too 7.57 (best) in 1/8 mile. Anything under 7.50 and I'll need roll bar. So I'm good with that.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome back Bernie!! That's a quick car!!!
Bring your 65 Biscayne to Great Bend in Sept. and put some fellow members on the trailer!!!!!!

Bernie

Thanks, My tow car is a 1984 Caprice wagon with 127000 on her. Not sure how far from home I want to go. Does the job for now.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcomeBack,Bernie,Tell us more about your car please.7.60's is moving right along.What trans,convertor[if automatic]and gear are you running? Any idea what she weighs? :clap

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks great Bernie. Those ProStar wheels blend in with the look painted black like that. I bet they look like stock black steelies when they are spinning at 100 mph.

Bernie

car weighs 3600 with driver. has 4:56 gears. running 750 bubble pumper on factory 65 manifold. has 350 trans. with 2800 convertor.
engine is bored and stroked to 440 . solid cam. roller rockers. has 333 heads reworked with big block valves. heads also ported. for intake
manifold. Running sanderson block hugger headers.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW Bernie, your times are even more impressive considering the stock manifold, #333 heads, and block hugger headers. That is really getting with the program!! I get what you are saying about staying under the rollbar limits, but if you ever decide to cross the line the is plenty of potential ready for the taking. I sure wish my daddy would freshen up his old 69 BelAir and drive it again. I even bought all the parts to upgrade his open 2.56 twelve bolt to a posi 3.73.....then found him a spare rear so we don't even have to pull his out until it's time to swap them....but still can't seem to get him interested in it again.

Bernie

is there any nostalgia racing in your area? Maybe take him to an event or two. That's how it happened to me. Started helping other guys with their
cars, then had to have my own. Wanted something different so I went with a w block car. And a 65 was the last year! Not many seen. Took 1.5 years to
build. Car was an original 6 cylinder. But was fun to build, and even more fun too drive! Get him out, nothing like smoking tires and good shootout
between a couple old guys trying to tree each other!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We used to go to a lot of that stuff. I guess he just got tired or it? I don't know. The last few times I've gotten him around other car people he's talked about selling stuff instead of the fixing it reaction I wanted.

Bernie

I found them at a garage sale. A little rough so they got painted black. $15.00 including paint!!! One time I'm glad my wife dragged me along!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That was a steal!! I have a spare pair of pro stars that were painted black with new radials and I wouldn't take $200 for them.