I finally joined

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hello everyone, my name is Rick and I have been visiting your site off and on for about 5 years now. I met some of you at Thompson 2 years ago. You may remember my car, it was the unrestored red and white biscayne that was parked by the concession stand. Anyway, I will post some pics of it as soon as I get a little more familiar with the site. I'm not too good with the computer but I'm really trying to learn. I look forward to talking with you guys! Thanks! Rick

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ricky,

Welcome to the site, glad you finally took the leap !!! I do remember you and your car from Thompson, we talked some while you were there. Hope to see you again at Thompson this year, and welcome to the zoo.

Bill

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:crazy I would say welcome but you have been hanging out longer then I've been here. You finanly got the nerve to start asking questions.:roll:roll

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome!

Hey Rick, welcome aboard!

You had the 1961 two door Biscayne post car with the original 348 and three speed, right?

I'm the fellow who purchased the 348 block that you took to my Mom's place in Parma about 2 years ago :)

Small world, eh?

Cheers!

TomK

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Ric, welcome to the zoo......... I definately remember your car from Thompson.... drooled a little........

Dave

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Rick.:clap You already know what a great group we have here. Enjoy the ridr. When you can we would like to see pictures of your ride , for us members who haven't seen the car.

:crazy:cheers

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Rick:beerbang I"m guessing that the car is still unrestored. Can't wait to see the pic's. ken:D

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the kind words about my car. Its actually a original 4 speed car with tri power. The original drivetrain is gone but im pretty sure its an original tripower 4 speed posi car.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Heres the only picture i have of it now, gotta take some more

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 55

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Rick,

I am the Canadian guy that you met a thompson that had the 62 belair. I am posting some pictures for you, glad you joined.

kevin (quik9r)

Attachments

• 003_3A_0005.JPG
    003_3A_0005.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 008_8A_0002.jpg
    008_8A_0002.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 009_9A_0002.JPG
    009_9A_0002.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 010_10A_0002.JPG
    010_10A_0002.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 57

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Oops!

I think I have you mixed up with someone else. The fact that you were from Mentor, Ohio triggered my comments. There was a fellow at one of the Thompson get togethers that had a 1961 2 door sedan with a 348, it had quite a bit of "patina" on it :)

Best,
TomK

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom,
Your right, I'm the one who dropped the block off at your moms in Parma. You were probably thinking of me, my car definitly has patina.... Not another one in this area that I know of.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thompson

Thanks for all the welcomes.. I plan on going to Thompson this year. I was really bummed I missed it last year!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rick,I remember your car from Thompson,may have also have talked to you about 2 - 3 years ago at the York Nostalgia Show,in York,Pa..If it is the same car you have a really awesome ride there. John