howzit

Harry the Yank

So I don't mean to irritate you guys but my current ride is a '56 Chevy with a (gasp) very high performance 4.6 dohc Mustang cobra, T-56 and Detroit Tru-track 9" in it. Before you burn me in effigy (a small town just outside of Sedro Woolley) I am buying a 55 2 dr post and I want to put a 409 in it. I'm hoping to get some good info from this site as this will be a new direction for me. Installing a new FI motor and all it's associated problems was also a challenge but it all keeps the brain active. As you can guess, I'm not a traditionalist. I'm an old (as in 3/4 of a century, hot rodder that works with what he has. At 21 I had unnamed1696JHU1.jpg a 56 Chevy that I put a 413 Ram Charger in. Luckily I'm still alive. I'd like to put a motor together but if I can find a short block all done that would be a good foundation to start with. As a "kid" I had a '60 Biscayne with a tri powered 348. I loved it but I traded it for a deuce 5 window coupe with a 283. Thus started my downhill slide into the "dark side". Hope to chat with many of you in the next year as the project progresses. This photo is from a 4750 mile trip in May that included RT66 and a half dozen National parks. I also like to drive. Harry the Yank (a moniker that the Aussies put on me when I worked there back in the 70's.)

wristpin

Well Known Member
Hey!! I've had my shots!! It's not my fault the shots weren't strong enough to kill what I caught!
Welcome aboard Harry! There's hope for you...the 413 Ramcharger shows that. These guys know everything worth knowing about 348 & 409 W heads motors. Don't ask for advice about women from them tho.

Harry the Yank

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. I must admit I was a bit disappointed by the response when I debuted my car (license is "Heretic"). Turns out abut 85% of car guys liked it. When I was a kid, just slightly before the Industrial Revolution, we put anything in anything. This will be a fun project and help keep the the old grey cells active. Thanks. Harry ps: I think wristpin and I should get along. We can talk about cars and wives that we have loved and lost.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Harry dont let it bother you...i know several are banging their heads over Mother Mopar iron residing within Chebby tin :winner
Spent some time in Australia myself. Loved it there.