Howdy from Wyoming

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Well hello there been looking for a site that pertains the Impala that doesn't have a bunch of lowriders.Looks like I found it have had my 63 since 78 but it has been in the family since 68 now its time to fix up the ol girl.Looks like some pretty good people in here so I might hang around for awihle if u dont mind.She got put on the back burner so I could raise the family now 1 kid left and I can start progressing ahead(HOPEFULLY).Have the car down to metal and am replacing ,patching holes and a little rust here and there. The car did survive 3 teenage boys (I beeing 1 of them) so you can imagine the repairs I have to do .LOL Hope I can provide some help as well as get some help GOd knows I need all the help I can get c ya round the neighbor hood

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi there,welcome aboard..You'll surely be able to get some info from thi sight...

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site KayCee.:clap Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.Pictures of your ride please !! Some of the gang can't read. I can't say their names here but one guy in particular's initials are .....PHIL REED :eek

:crazy:dance:cheers

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome, And Don, Mine is only lowered slightly, hopefully you will let me slide. By the way, I have been hating low riders since the mid 70's myself.

Jeff

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Jeff,Slightly lowered is fine,it's just that I've seen way too many really neat old cars that the people that built them totally screwed up the suspensions with that "hippity-hoppity" crap,and it would take a lot of work and money to put them back to being a useable car.Same with the "donks":cuss

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don, I saw a beautiful 61 impala convertible a few months ago driving through my town from a lowrider show. It was fully lifted on all four corners and the driver could not keep it on a straight line down the road. Reminds me of the old man down the road when I was 16. I asked him to make me some shackles for my rear leaf springs on my 68 Torino fastback to raise it up in the back. He said he would gladly do it for me, even for free. Then he asked me why I would tear up 50 years of Ford engineering in 15 minutes? I never did the shackles. I am still torn to this day if I should bring mine back up. I got it in this stance and do like it, however I keep playing it in my head.

Jeff