Howdy from new guy Impala1962James

Impala1962James

Howdy, my name is James Alexander and I'm a Chevy guy just like my dad. Dad grew up in the 50s and 60s dad had 55 56 57 Chevys and enjoyed many of the hot rods of the 60s. A lot of that rubbed off on me. When I was 14 and inspired by a magazine subscription to Super Chevy from my dad's friend Larry, I saved up all summer and bought a 1962 Chevrolet Impala 4 Door Hardtop Sport Sedan with a 283 powerglide. I loved that car and by the time I got my driver's license I'd already put over 4000 miles on it. In fact I drove the car until it had over 300,000 miles on it shortly after that my wife bought me a 62 Bel Air for $300 from a neighbor on my birthday. I still have it. In 1998 when my first son was born I bought my current project a 1962 Impala 2 door hardtop. My first mechanic friend was an old hot rodder named Wally Fuchs he told me about a magical car called The 1962 Impala SS with the dual quad 409 and four in the floor. He said it was unbeatable being 16 years old I believed him. From then on I was hooked and wanted a 62 Impala SS, a real cool car. From James Alexander in the beautiful Missouri Ozarks.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Howdy, my name is James Alexander and I'm a Chevy guy just like my dad. Dad grew up in the 50s and 60s dad had 55 56 57 Chevys and enjoyed many of the hot rods of the 60s. A lot of that rubbed off on me. When I was 14 and inspired by a magazine subscription to Super Chevy from my dad's friend Larry, I saved up all summer and bought a 1962 Chevrolet Impala 4 Door Hardtop Sport Sedan with a 283 powerglide. I loved that car and by the time I got my driver's license I'd already put over 4000 miles on it. In fact I drove the car until it had over 300,000 miles on it shortly after that my wife bought me a 62 Bel Air for $300 from a neighbor on my birthday. I still have it. In 1998 when my first son was born I bought my current project a 1962 Impala 2 door hardtop. My first mechanic friend was an old hot rodder named Wally Fuchs he told me about a magical car called The 1962 Impala SS with the dual quad 409 and four in the floor. He said it was unbeatable being 16 years old I believed him. From then on I was hooked and wanted a 62 Impala SS, a real cool car. From James Alexander in the beautiful Missouri Ozarks.
Welcome James you will feel right at home here. There seems to be several Missouri guys on here. Be careful because you will catch the 348/409 virus and cause you to do some weird things. Ex: I use more 409 spray cleaner than I used to and my mind and eye are always on the lookout for stuff even stuff I don’t need! I needed some salt the other day at the supper table and I asked my wife to pass the 409. I could go on but you get the idea.
Post some pictures of your cars and have a good time

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the forum James, like Randy (NCPOP) said there is no cure for the 348-409 virus, the only thing you can do is to GET ONE!!!! You will find this forum very informative for any thing you can do with a W motor or X frame car and 65's, oh ya pictures please.

RussC

Well Known Member
I asked about your father as I had a friend I graduated with named John Alexander....but that was in the dark ages. In any event welcome. We live near the Springfield Airport. I've got a 62 or so. I'm sure we will get together sooner or later. You are always welcome

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard from another Missourian. There's quite a few of us peppered around the State. I'm in Columbia, and we've go several others from mod-Missouri as well the Big Cities :). You might note from my avatar that I favor those '62s a bit as well.

Can't wait to see pics once you figure that out!

Cheers! TomK