Hooley Here

Hooley

Hello all, I am Hooley and have had an interst in the W motors since the old days when they ruled the streets and tracks. I am building a 348 now and have found a 409 block to build later. I am excitied about doing these projects.
I have been in the car hobby since my youth. I had two older brothers that showed me the way. I have street rodded, drag raced and raced at Bonneville. I have several projects running and some that will run some day. I guess you might say I can't get enough.
Just glad to be here
Hooley

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Glad you're here too Hooley!!

Welcome to the only website that offers the most collective and collaborative information about the vintage 348-409 GM engine, the Z-11... and... the "cars" involved.

Did you say "racing"?? Well...... you've joined some good company here! Experts on restorative work?..ditto!

RCE1962

Ron

HIVOLTAGE

Well Known Member
Welcome to the site Hooley!

I'd like to hear more about your projects as well. Don't be holding out on us either cause we'll loose interest and start......Hey! Look at the pony! :D

rh4414

Hello all, I am Hooley and have had an interst in the W motors since the old days when they ruled the streets and tracks. I am building a 348 now and have found a 409 block to build later. I am excitied about doing these projects.
I have been in the car hobby since my youth. I had two older brothers that showed me the way. I have street rodded, drag raced and raced at Bonneville. I have several projects running and some that will run some day. I guess you might say I can't get enough.
Just glad to be here
Hooley

Hooley
I don't know if you remember me I am a friend of Jerry Pace. We met at the Super Chevy Show in Tulsa 2 years ago when you brought your Studebaker. I have that famous "Glad Just to Be Here" Bonneville photo in my shop. Great to have you on the forum. Jerry's been passing on your endeavors.

Ron Haffner
Wylie,Texas

Hooley

Folks thank you for such a warm welcome.
Ron, I do rember meeting at the Super Chevy show. I try to go over to Jerry's town ever week or two and have lunch with the gang.
Current project is a 1964 Chevy long, wide PU. The old truck is in good shape . I have built a 350 sb chevy engine for it. It will just be an old pu to chase parts in. It was a factory air,power brakes/P steering truck. I should have it running before Thanksgiving.
A longer term project in a 1946 Chevy cab over truck with a 60" sleeper box with a ramp bed car hauler on back. I have put a Cummings 12 valve and auto tranny in the back under the bed. This was one of those 6 month projects that is in to the 3rd year. Still a lot of work left to do.

I drag race a 1951 Henry J gasser style called the "OKIE TWISTER" It runs a 496 BBC runs in the mid to low 9's. I am thinking about selling this car and build a 62 Chevy, 2 door post with a stroked 409 ,4 speed. I have a body spoken for when I start the project.
Thanks again for such a warm welcome
Hooley

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A longer term project in a 1946 Chevy cab over truck with a 60" sleeper box with a ramp bed car hauler on back. I have put a Cummings 12 valve and auto tranny in the back under the bed. This was one of those 6 month projects that is in to the 3rd year. Still a lot of work left to do.
Hooley

Welcome to the site!:beerbang
I had to chuckle a bit when I read this part of your post.:D
We've all been there, six month projects that take 3 years.:scratch:dunno

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Hooley:beerbang You mentioned the engine como's for several cars including the 09. But what have you got planned for the 348:dunno.Ken

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome Hooley:clap Your gonna love it here. We all would like to see some pictures of your rides/projects:crazy:cool::cheers

Hooley

Ken, I was going to build the 348 to put in something but now I think I sell it to fund the 409. I would reather build a race motor at this time. I had thought about using the 409 in the Henry J for gasser racing. So many decisions so many combonitions.

Pictures? I haven't figured out how to post them yet.

Hooley

Hooley

Yea Travis, you gave me quiet a fright that night. Running off the end of the track.
I was glad that you didn't have any thing tore up.

Hooley

Hooley

Here is a couple of pictures of the 62 I am planning on putting a 409 in.
I'm thinking 4 speed, steel wheels, dog dish hub caps, black primer and headers out the side by the wheel wells. I hope the pic come through.

Hooley

Attachments

• 100_1138.jpg
    100_1138.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1141.jpg
    100_1141.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 40