Homewrecker*

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi! New member here. We have a 63 Belair Nostalgia S/S. It is my fathers car and I serve as driver, tech advisor, and chief grunt. The car was raced since new and is known as The Homewrecker. It has appeared in several issues of All American Drags back in the 60's. Right now the car is powered by a 409 and backed up by a Jerico 4 speed. This past summer was the first time out with car after working on it and gathering pieces for the past 10 years or maybe longer. It still has 95% of its original trim and 100% percent of the original interior. The car still has the plastic seat covers that the original owner put on in 63. It has been repainted only because the second owner removed the lettering and the paint job it got at the time was poor. It is showing roughly 13k on the odometer and still wears its original paint in all the jams. Best ET this year was 11.55, but we are still working on traction issues and have not touched the carbs or timing. Also have a 62 Impala in the garage which is a frame off resto waiting to be screwed together. It has a 380 horse 409 with all the correct pieces for the over the counter service package. My own car is a vega that will be an LS powered road race car. We have the biggest and almost the smallest cars chevy made. i don't know how that happened:dunno. Look forward to being on this site and just maybe we'll be at Thompson this year.

Attachments

• DSCN0385.jpg
    DSCN0385.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN0377.jpg
    DSCN0377.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 126

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome mate...

Thats quite the car. Cool history, any more pics?

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow! Your car is amazing. Love it! What reared do you have under it? Gorgeous ride. Your photos look to be taken at The Grove! Hope to see the car there this summer. Welcome to the site!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks everybody!
Wow! Your car is amazing. Love it! What reared do you have under it? Gorgeous ride. Your photos look to be taken at The Grove! Hope to see the car there this summer. Welcome to the site!
The Grove is our home track. It has a 9" in it with 35 spline axles. The vega is still a work in progress. Plans are to run it at Blackhawk farms, Elkart and select Goodguys events.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow! What a great looking '63! Thanks for sharing and welcome to a great site. By the way........any vintage photos of the '63 (or the '62) are GREATLY appreciated and encouraged!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here are some pics from the 60's at Great Lakes aka The Grove. The engine is a stroked 09 with the 454 crank. It has 690 heads with a very small amount of touch up. 881 intake and 500 cfm carbs. Has Manton pushrods, roller rockers,titanium retainers and 10 degree locks. The cam is a solid roller with 660 lift and 261 duration at .050 on the intake. It is a 10:1 motor with fender well headers. Thanks for the positive comments! We really enjoy reading them. The engine picture is current as is the interior shot. That is the original untouched interior. We have the original carpet, but it just isn't in at the time the picture was taken.

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 63 1.jpg
    63 1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 63 2.jpg
    63 2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 63 3.jpg
    63 3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 91

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
ISHIFTEM,

What kind of times was the 63 running with the 327 back then?:scratch

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am out of town. When I get back I will ask my father. Also the one magazine I believe has an ET and MPH under the picture. I will get back to you!