Hi from Sweden with a 1961 Nomad

Hi Ya'll

I just found my Dad's 1961 Impala Nomad 9-pass. He bought it new shortly after I was born.
It didn't have a 348 ci just a regular 283, but I hope I'm still welcome Hahaha!
I'm a Dane but live in Sweden, since 1998. I even managed to live in America for 2,5 years.
I'm owner #18 here in Sweden and I'm happy to have the old gal back in the family.

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/cus...Nomad/1963Nyelandsvej115_zps83859fb2.jpg.html

I tried to upload a picture of the car, but the only thing I could do was, copy the link for photobucket
Can someone help me on the mater?

Klaus

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Klaus . :clapGreat group here :hugand lots of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.
:crazy:dance:cheers

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome. Congratulations on finding your dad's car. I've got a 61 wagon I hope to fix up one day. Finding parts for one is hard here in the states, so I know it must be next to impossible for you. Keep us updated. Lots of information and help here and you're welcome even without a W motor. Lots of us have been long time members without one.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Klaus! How far are you from Kungsangen? We have a member from that town, Leif Nilsson. I just saw Lief on the board yesterday.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
2013-09-23173234_zps200f3ff3.jpg

Do a right click, copy image location, then come here and use the little green "insert image" icon, paste, and you're done. Nice car and story. Welcome too.

Don

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Welcome, always nice to see others with the same interest in these old Chevies. Like someone else mentioned, it's hard enough to find parts for them here in the USA so it has to make it a real love for them to have one in another Country.

More pictures

Dennis

Thank you for the warm welcome!
The engine is a 6,2 l Diesel!!!!!!!!! :crazy I don't know anything abour it, cuz I haven't had it started yet. I need to build some king of exhaust, so I can hear how it run and don't break in the process!

Foumlrstegaringngsen1970jagserden_zps56044acf.jpg

This is the day I saw the Nomad for the first time since 1970.
IMG_1254_zps82193a39.jpg

Chevy 6,2 l Diesel. looks like whoever put it in there, knew what he was doing. everything looks like it have been well put together. It's gonna be nice to get it started.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Klaus,first,welcome aboard,second,if you have difficulties getting the 6.2 running properly,please feel free to pm me.I spent quite a few years working on those old GM diesels,and will be happy to help.

Thank you very much Don Jacks that's very kind of you. I'll probably take you up on that, cuz I have so far no knowledge on diesel engines!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site Klaus,
It is neat to see you have her back in your family
Are you able to tell me what the item behind the brake master cylinder is?
Is it a hydraulic booster or similar?

Steve
IMG_1254_zps82193a39.jpg

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Steve, That is a "hydro-boost" system. The diesel motor has no vacuum to actuate the power brake booster. The hydro-boost pump creates vacuum and is powered off the hydraulics in the power steering pump. This system can also be used on big cam/low vacuum motors. Leo

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow.. That's a very unique combination on a great looking car!!! I like it....

Ryan Burman

Well Known Member
I've actually though about a 6.2 for fuel mileage and they're cheap! Very cool wagon and an awesome story. Welcome!