Hi form MI hemichallenger71

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
New member. Recently aquired 2 1959 bel airs. No I do not have a hemi challenger. Just a s/n Ive used for 15yrs on the internet.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome and congratulations on finding your 59's. I saw in the other thread that you've been wanting one for a long time.

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
My old s-10. Sold it 3 years ago and my 59 search began. Went 12.16/.17 @113 (consistent 1.80 60ft.) 6 passes in a row the last time I took it to the track. Ran much harder on the street. Would lift the left front on the street but not at the track.

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
Yes. I didnt even want to sell it but I couldnt pass up the offer.

I rock a '66 c-10 for a daily driver (weather/work permitting) myself.

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
Pics from today. It blows my mind that my old man and I have had this truck almost 10 years and we have no pictures of it. The two of us pretty much share it. He bought it and I do all the work and buy stuff. Has a 260hp gm crate engine we practically stole from carb to pan for $400. th-350 built up, 2000 stall and 3.73 open rear. Its not much to look at or fast but it is cool and sounds great with the homemade x-pipe and knock off flowmasters. A mild camshaft and some upgraded wiring are awaiting my time to be installed.

Its neat daily driving an old truck. Its ratty enough to still be used as a truck and gets ok fuel mileage.

66 3.jpg 66 4.jpg 66 1.jpg 66 2.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
71 GMC.JPG

Mine's a bit different. But, nothing said you can't drop a 409 in it. But, for the sake of $$ prolly be a BBC replacing the 350.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very cool trucks. I have wanted a 64-66 custom cab short bed for quite awhile now. Now that I am getting older and don't use my truck as much, maybe it's time to get rid of the new, and go back again.