Hi everyone!

Diggerboi

Hi, my name is Hal Sanguinetti. I'm an NHRA Track Announcer's Guild member and announce at Speedworld Dragstrip in Surprise (greater Phoenix) AZ. I'm also a proud member of the Standard 1320 and the new owner of a '63 Impala 9-passenger wagon with a 409! It's going to be restored to daily-driver-capable status but primarily used as a dragster push car, just like the old days, complete with permanent push bar/bumper on front and a pair of old slicks mounted on the roof rack, along with an Engle, Hilborn & Moon decal on the side windows!

It's been sitting in a yard in Winslow, AZ for over 30 years, and belonged to the late Ron Miller, one of my best-ever friends in the drag racing community. Ron passed this last December and this is one of the cars that was sitting in his yard (along with over 40 others!). Ron loved the 409 engine, but I'm not too familiar with them - other than packing a lot of Jahns Power Slot pistons for them in the summer of 1963 - the first job that really excited me about hot rodding and racing. So, I've joined this forum and look forward to perusing it on a regular basis.

I also own a 1968 Woody Gilmore front engine dragster with a 377" smallblock Chevy with Hilborns on alky, and a 1968 Pontiac Firebird with a 400 in it. Yeah.... I'm a car guy! LOL

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Diggerboi, Welcome to our site. Looking forward to your input. Your wagon will certainly be a neat project. :beerbang:beerbang

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome aboard,wow,what a neat piece of drag racing history .I cant wait to see pictures of the work.As far as the engine goes,A stroker kit in that 409 will make you yearn for younger days:eek::deal

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Hal:beerbang You wouldn't happen to know my good buddy Dan Gallagher who dose some racing and I believe was a track record holder in a stock class at one time:dunno Ken

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome!

Hal, you have quite the credentials, and a really cool historical car of significant personal interest to boot :).

One of our members who is our resident "409 automotive archaeologist" lives near you (that would be Cecil). I bet you two connect sometime soon!

Welcome aboard!

TomK