help my mom

newtivf

Hi all! I need some help my father has passed away leaving my mother with a rebuilt 348 motor that the heads have never been put on and truck motor i think? and some other parts. She needs some money more than these motors I'm sorry I dont have time to go back through older posts to find out what things are worth. My dad loved his 348 & was hoping to find a 58 to put it into . Any one who could steer my in the right direction thanks!

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Where In New Hampshire

:? You indicated motors? Is it only one. If you live in southern N.H. I might be able to come up help out.

newtivf

Its 1 motor that was rescued thats the one that I think is a truck motor and the one he had rebuilt that needs the heads assembled. We're in central to the lakes region. I can take some pictures if that would help?

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pictures will Help

Post some pictures try to get the casting # and condition of the heads now.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What is it you want to do

:dunno From the pics you posted you have lot of work to be done. If the pics are of the current state Redo the block with the same short block pieces is about 750.00 the heads about 650.00 carbs and kinkage about 600.00. It looks like you need a distributor, a waterpump, and fuelpump and assembly. Do you want to do the work yourself or do you need someone to do it for you or are you looking to sell what you have the way it is.:?

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes Brian

I saw the carbs were wrong part of that price was for kits to make them work.

newtivf

Yes we were hoping to come up with a value for both motors and extra peices. I dont have time to mess around with this motor or any thing to put it in if I ever did put it together